2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Fun to Drive - Cheap to Own

2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

Fun to Drive - Cheap to Own
By bj mercer on

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I put a lot of mileage on this car commuting over 150 miles a day usually. I was going to get another little economy car or truck like I often do - but they do not make small little 4 cylinder trucks much anymore and when I test drove the Focus, I was sold - and I was able to lease the ST cheaper than some of the other models (including high mileage - I only keep cars for 2 years, btw). I drive in northern and southern Ontario - lots of winter driving in bad conditions. Car reminds me of my '88 BMW M3; just really fun to drive and toss around and mix it up a bit. Also really surprise some people. Needs a bit more power - but keep the 4 cylinder engine.

Engine plus sound of engine, handling, fun to drive value, superb (the Sony upgrade model) sound system. Controls are excellent. Shifting is fairly good (some I test drive felt better than others and takes 10,000km before it breaks in). Road feedback and traction control. Room - seats all good.

Ashtray is a joke. The electronic diagnostic plug catches on foot when shifting. Standard P6 tires are not that great and useless in winter (all season rating is some kind of sick joke) . Needs 17-18" wheels; the 16' look too small for the car. Rear bumper attachment is bad (it shakes).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review