2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Fun Little Car!

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Fun Little Car!
By Gretchen Huiras on

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little car! It's super to drive in the city and comfortable to ride in on longer trips. I can drive for two weeks straight without having to go to the gas station, and for a single person, it is the perfect size. It has enough power that I can run the AC with minimal affect to the engine or gas tank. It has plenty of room for three people to sit comfortably, four being a little tight, but it is possible. It has been very reliable with only the 3000 mile check-ups bringing me to the dealer. It does well in both hot and cold weather and handles well in wet weather as well. As it doesn't snow in Savannah, GA., I can't comment on that. The stereo is wonderful. It's a fun car.

Favorite Features

For its size, it has a lot of get up and go. It is a lot of fun to drive and very easy to drive. It sits very well on the road and handles curves like a pro. On the highway, it is really smooth and quiet. It likes to go fast, so driving it on longer trips is fun. It is also comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Chief complaint: When you put the back seat down, it doesn't allow for anyone to sit in the back. In other words, the back rest doesn't have a break in it allowing one side to go down and the other to be free for a third passenger. They have hopefully modified that in the 2005/2006 models.