2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Focus Rally Car!

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

Focus Rally Car!
By focuszombie on

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus seems to take a beating in the reviews, but mine has been pretty much what I expected. I bought it used (lease return) and it was cheap transpo. Maintenance? I've replaced brake pads once (I'm at 42K miles), tires once, and done oil changes. That's it. Not bad. Resale value? Holding its own with current gas prices. I downsized from a Ranger 4x4 the Focus is like driving a sports car to me. Mountain roads are more fun and the road trip to Trona where my Focus left a Toyota PreRunner 2 miles in the dust on desert dirt roads, now that was a blast! Ford, why'd you kill the hatchback? Hatchbacks rule for small car utility and capacity. Bring it back! Yeah, I like mine!

Really like the steering column stereo controls. Hatchbacks with folding seats rule! This coming from someone whose last two vehicles were pickups!

I wish the steering wheel telescoped a bit further out. I wish it got better mileage. Come on, Ford advertised the hell out of this car saying it got 36mpg! Bull. I have not seen a single report of anyone getting that. Good thing the EPA readjusted ratings to reality recently.