2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Focus on the MPG

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

Focus on the MPG
By JOL on

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I initially purchased the car while in the service in Guam back in 2005, and drove it less than 5,000 miles my first 3 years. Now that I'm back in the states, I get to see just how the ZX5 really nandles. I had to replace the original dealership tires at 16,000 miles, otherwise, it runs like a gem. I drove it from Houston to Dallas last week, and still had a quarter tank left when I got there. So, I drove on that 1/4 of gas back to Houston. You do the math. And yes, the AC was on.

The gas mileage has to be my favorite feature, it's impressive to say the least. The Cobalt blue color also caught our attention, we love that color. The ZX5 hatchback feature is a major plus, which makes loading groceries, toys, or other goods easier.

I have to agree with a previous blogger, a center console with cup holders would be better than having them tucked down under the CD player.