Focus on fun
By martine4 on
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
The Ford Focus ST experience has been a good one. The car is small, a virtue in my situation, handles very well, is very comfortable, and has all sorts of creature comforts one wouldn't expect at the price. I don't see many ads for this car ... Ford doesn't need to advertise it heavily because word of mouth from satisfied owners do the trick. I have had the car for ~9 months and have ~5900 miles on the car. It has never missed a beat! All features; cruise control, 6-disk CD player, skid control (in Iowa we occasionally need this sort of thing), 4-wheel disk brakes. Everything works. Heating, cooling ... no problems. It's reliable and I enjoy driving it.
Favorite Features
There are raised indentations on controls that really help. For example, at night I can find the button that turns on cruise control and the one that sets the speed entirely by feel. It's the most efficient way I have seen for doing this ... and it's not in the manual!
Suggested Improvements
Ford needs to make side-curtain airbags and daytime running lights standard on this car.