2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
The real mileage is 18.7 mpg, not 26 mpg!
By Wenguang Wang on 02/07/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new '05 Focus in Nov. 2004. The performance and comfort are good. However, the claimed city driving of 26 is a dream. I constantly get 17-19 mpg for city driving. I don't use air conditioning, don't press the gas hard, nor brake hard. I don't drive with windows open. I don't drive with lights on in daytime. However, I can never get higher mileage. If I had known it uses this much gas, I would not buy it at all.

Fun to Drive, Easy to Park
By RWGManhattan on 02/04/05 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car with sporty handling, good fuel economy, and lots of flexible space. It parks in spaces too tight for most other available cars except the cramped Mini and cheap Chevy Aveo. It's got better handling than and a ride superior to the Hyundai Elantra, the Scion triplets (though the boxy XB has more and more flexible interior space), and other cars in its class. It doesn't have the cramped feeling of the Corolla, the Pontiac Vibe, the Civic.

So much fun
By Sarah on 01/15/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first car I owned was the 2002 Focus. it was a great car but I traded it in for my '05. An even better car. It has a smooth quiet ride. Wonderful pick up and no matter where I am driving I always seem to get looked at and comments about my car's charcter and style. I wouldnt trade it in for the world.

I'm very happy with my Focus ZX5 SES!!
By W.Lindquist on 11/14/04 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really nice small car. Four adults can be carried comfortably with plenty of room in the hatch. It has a rather tight "European" type suspension that handles great with the 16" Pirelli tires. Just a bit harsh on chuckholes, but a very good ride most of the time. Gas mileage has been as predicted on the window sticker at 26 city/ automatic. Since our temperature averages about 40 degrees (F) in November the milage has lowered to more like 22 or 24 city. Still very good! Lots of power and pick up. A joy to drive. The 6 disc CD player is of better than average quality. My Alpine in the other car outperforms it, but not by that much.

the
By chasephotos on 11/13/04 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

from my first shift in this car I have disliked the clutch (alot).This car is not ment for any serious preformance driving but is fun to drive around town.The gas mileage has not been what was listed on the sticker or what I had hoped for.I do receive lots of compliments on the new styling (compared to the old focus) and the front/center mounted antena is very "euro".Should have bought a Honda but i have never seen a civc rally car!

First time ford
By rjvt006 on 11/10/04 08:14 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this little car. I drive alot for work and I needed something that was easiy on gas but could hold its own in fast moving traffic. I had never owned a ford before.(actually I'm the first one in my entire family to buy one) So I was a little nervous when I bought this car. But I would recommend this car to anyone.

My Awesome Focus
By kpinho on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am so happy I bought this car. It handles so well and feels like you're riding on air. Whie I was skeptical about having leather seats, I was plesantly surprised to find they are so soft and comfortable. I wish someone would pay me to just drive my Focus all day, then I'd be even happier! Everyone should get this amazing automobile!!!

happy
By jmpscooby on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car and everything about it except there is no where to put your loose change in it.

my focus
By wltdll2 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

reliable, fair gas mileage, rear carpet is poorly installed. Very goo handling.

Wonderful car
By mattjs on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had totaled my 2000 Elantra, and wanted something different. This car has it all. 3 door hatch is very cool looking. It drives like a dream. 5 speed is easy to use every day. great, supportive seats, quiet. and dont even get my started on the 500 watt Sony sound system. Personally, i think its the best stock stereo i have heard. blazing copper metallic paint (orange) and 3 door hatch looks like nothing on the road.