Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Car!
By indichick88

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

From buying this car 3 years ago, I've been very pleased. I've never had to take it in for servicing and it's never caused my any major problems. I love how roomy the interior is, and how the car is the perfect size, not too large, and not too small. I've also been able to go on one tank for 2 weeks! Perfect for students and people just looking for an affordable, reliable car. No complaints!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is wonderful! Very roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Found a good one
By drivealot

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for more than a year. Purchased used. The front disc brake rotors need to be turned. They were like this soon after I purchased. Other than that it has only had normal needs; new tires, wiper blades and oil changes, it has been low maintenance and trouble-free. I get 40MPG highway and close to 30 in the city. I drive with fuel economy in mind. Mine has an auto transmission with a overdrive button on the shifter. I use overdrive for any driving over 35 MPH and it helps the in-town fuel consumption a lot.

Favorite Features

MP3 player, sunglasses compartment, easy access to controls, lots of cupholders and stash areas for a salesperson or anyone who has a need for these places.

Suggested Improvements

Allow the mp3 players to accept data DVD format so I can fit a huge amount of tunes in there. Although 120-plus songs on a CD is really good. Much needed rear-seat area lighting.. None at all present. Trunk is unlocked frequently due to my big thumb on autolock/keychain, warn me someway please.

What Happened To Ford's "Quality"?
By Jerry

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The engine and transmission began presenting problems shortly after I bought the car. The engine idles rough, runs rough and stalls when stopping. When the tranny changes, especially up/down from second to third gears, it sounds like pouring a bunch of screws into a metal bucket. Now is is slow going into gear from park. I cannot recommend buying any Ford Focus.

Suggested Improvements

FMC, put quality back in your product!

2005 Ford Focus ST
By Shelton

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Outside of a water leak and a bad customer service from the dealer at purchase time, spent first 40 of 60 days in their shop trying to fix the water leak, the car has been extremely dependable and excellent to drive on the highway. Very nimble around town, not too many turns this car can not navigate with ease. Not a headturner, but brings some sleepish performance to the table.

Favorite Features

Steering.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the NVH, needs to be in line with it's corporate cousin the Mazda 3.

2005 ZX4 ST
By Felipe

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought this vehicle for my wife and I have now been driving it since we bought an SUV. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

2.3L Duratec, I would've preferred a little more HP and less TQ. Front and rear independent suspension.

Suggested Improvements

This car could definitely use a 6th speed. A standard front strut bar would also be nice.