Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Nice car
By T. Dunst

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

98,000 miles so far. Replaced alternator and battery at 60,000 miles. No other problems. 38 mpg. Very fast vehicle, good acceleration. With the manual tranny it is quite sporty and handles well. I will buy another after this one has 200,000 on it. Its been to California (from East Coast) and is my 134 mile a day commuting car.

Economically priced.

Why can't this car get 50 mpg? My 1994 Ford Tempo with the 2.3 engine got 37 mpg hauling 1000 pounds of people and gear.

Horrible car!!
By orionmomof3

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new! Within a year my transmission went out, clutch, clutch cylinder and my front axle broke!! I never drove it rough never got in an accident nothing! It was in the shop for two months!!! got it back two weeks later my clutch transmission was out again! I got tired of waiting and bought a four door 07 focus....all of them are horrible!! door handle has broken off, cant use the key to the trunk, my alternator broke....mind you both were brand new!!!!! Ford is horrible and I will never buy from them again!!!!!!

NONE the seats stain horribly even with water on the seats!!

It is almost a garbage.
By dianbo

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2005 ford focus. The plastic material is so cheap that many small parts are broken in 3 years. Comparing to my wife's corolla, it is much higher gas consuming. Now the back door remote contral failed to lock, and need spend $300 dollars to fix it. I really regret I bought it.

the exteial look is good.

too many to mention. Hope Ford try hard to improve them, otherwise, Ford could never catch those Japnese cars.

Junk
By puskar49

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Less than a year after buying this car, the transmission died. It turns out there is a design flaw with the transmission. Way to go Ford. Regardless, the car is a piece of junk. The interior is cheap and cramped and rattles like the doors are lined with ball bearings.

None. We finally unloaded this car and there isn't a single thing about it I'm going to miss. I guess the gas mileage was ok.

Design a better car.

great car
By MH

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We love the hatchback, but there's more to love, too. Very zippy, even with the automatic, yet pretty good fuel economy. Good road feel and handling. Small footprint with plenty of interior space and decent backseat room. My husband is tall and I'm not, but we both feel comfortable driving. Very reliable. Really like the keyless entry.

Hatchback, airbags, fuel economy, handling, acceleration, worry-free.

It does have a little rattle in the glove box when the weather is cold. Would like better back support in the front seats. Would really love this as a hybrid!