2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Mike's Focus
By mike raymond on 04/12/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's good on gas. Holds a lot. It makes me feel safe. Great handling, good suspension and quick.

I hate Fords but this car is....
By Josh5m on 03/22/07 07:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I hate Fords but this car is amazing. I love the fact that it idles smooth, rides good, and the seats are comfortable. I bought the car in Feb. of 2007 with 39,699 miles on it (roughly). I've already put 5,000 miles on it in 6 weeks. Changing the oil is easy; it's nice that it is in the front. The transmission is smooth. The engine is pretty powerful for a 4 banger. The headlights aren't bright at all and a lot of the interior is horribly built. but it doesn't stop how fun it is to drive.

Watch Out!
By Matt on 02/01/07 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004 to replace my ailing 94 S-10 with 240k miles. I am less than happy with my car. Things that went wrong under warranty. CD Player - dead within weeks, replaced. Heater Core - dead within 18 months and leaked all over interior. Replaced part but not interior. Wobbling - found no problems, but I paid to rebalance, still wobbles. Unfixed issues - starting, the car just sometimes will not start. AC - varies from cold to warm randomly. Interior stinks, as one person mentioned "rattlebox". Engine seems loud, and I've been told it's just injector pulse. Interior can get loud on highway. Currently, blower on level 3 does not work. No leg room, tilt wheel stinks.

Bang for the buck competence
By BasiliskSt on 01/03/07 19:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus ST (mine is a 2005, but the 2006-2007 are essentially identical) is an affordable driver's car. It delivers a surprisingly good blend of driving prowess and economy. The ST features a 2.3 liter fuel-injected four cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission. This combination is extremely flexible, offering plenty of torque at lower rpms. The handling and steering are class leading, beating much more expensive cars. The car offers power on demand and economy. My Focus ST delivers 38 mpg at 55-60 mph, 30-32 mpg at freeway speeds of 70-75 mph, and 26-28 mpg in city, mixed driving. All good, but not class leading. The Focus's balance is skewed towards sport.

Piece of junk
By Jak Pine on 12/24/06 00:54 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Focus in June of 2005 brand new. The car rides, drives and handles great. The seats are a little uncomfortable when you're in them for a while, it also lacks leg room. The car has 49,000 miles on it and has been in and out of the shop since the 15,000 mile mark. Extremely unreliable! I can't afford the repair bills anymore and just traded it in. I paid $18,000 for the car a year and a half ago, the most any dealership would give me for it is $6,500. I DO NOT recommend a Ford Focus to anyone.

Good car from Ford
By Dave on 11/20/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car that handles well. Exterior appearance is good for a domestic and looks better than its Asian rivals. Powerful engine, good features inside. Weakest link is engine noise, and squeaks from the interior.

I love my car, but be careful
By Jolee on 08/26/06 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My mom had a Focus, and when my Escort died I needed something safe for our new baby, so we go the Focus. It's a good size, I feel safe in it, and it's fun to drive.

05 Ford Focus ZX4 SE
By Charles Smith on 08/09/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Low rear view obstructed by high tail end. A kid could not be seen immediately behind the car.

Great for its Price
By trevor on 08/01/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for its price. The interior could use some redesign, for example you can't roll down the window when you have a drink in the door cup holder. It is extremely responsive - "its low center of gravity allows you to take corners faster than you realize", (at least thats what I said to the officer who pulled me over last weekend for taking a corner too fast). The sound system is beefed up compared to other cars in its class. Also the mods that are available are endless.

2005 Focus
By anonymous on 07/01/06 06:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new for $11,000 under the Ford employee-discount sale. It's roomy inside, even for the rear seat, and it's practical and fun to drive. Early on there was a problem with the manual shift linkage that took a few tries to be fixed properly, but there haven't been any other troubles with the car since then. It's a very nice car for the money.