2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fun to drive little car.
By Jason O'Neal on 05/27/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went from a '03 ZTS to an '05 ZX5 SES And I love it! This car feels so much more powerful than the '03. Very roomy with a number of options (like a moon roof, heated leather seats, a 500 watt Sony stereo ext.) The ride is very smooth and it drives like a dream. I'm still getting used to the new styling inside and out, but I love this car. Just wish the the 2.3's were a option on all models, not just the ST's A very good small car.

Ford Focus SVT 2 door
By Jennifer on 05/24/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car because it's fast, cute, and is a 6 speed! The only complaint I have is the gas mileage; not good. I get 90 miles each quarter of a tank city, and about 95 each quarter of a tank highway. Other than that it's an awesome car.

Sports car feel/economy price
By Flash on 05/24/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 5-speed manual transmission gives this car a muscle car-like acceleration. It's the most fun-to-drive car I've owned since my '79 Turbo Mustang was new. It actually has a quicker feel than that Mustang had. Handling is superb. The car easily accomodates my 6 ft 1 in 280 lb body. My 6'3" son is a frequent back seat rider and he never complains about the space he has. The hatchback easily holds my cart golf bag, and it would easily hold two smaller bags. Mileage is great. I'm getting 29-31 average around town, doing a mix of 70mph freeway driving and stop and go in-town driving. I have a stripped version. My only complaint is that the manual windows feel like they operate backwards.

MY FORD FOCUS
By ROBERT J BAUM on 05/22/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. That's how much I like this car. My first was a 2001 manual transmission. Now I have an automatic transmission with so many extras I feel like I own a Ford Town Car. I weigh in at around 278 pounds at 5 foot eight inches tall and I never have felt crowded in it. The pick up when entering traffic is swift. The comfort when driving is as if I’m in my home recliner. Parking is almost as easy as my 1991 Ford Festiva was. When I fill up my gas tank at today’s prices I’m sure glad I own my Focus and I can go mile after mile not worrying about my next fill up. The ease of handling in traffic and winter driving is worry free. I'm a Ford retiree and I will buy another Focus!

Fun Little Car
By Paul on 05/22/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been fun to drive for our whole family. I bought it for my son as a starter vehicle but all of us enjoy driving it. The price was $12,000 including tax, title and license. It gets over 30 miles to the gallon and has quite a lot of pep for a 4 cylinder vehicle. For the money, I haven't been able to find anything close to it in performance.

LOVE IT
By Dallas on 05/10/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Focus in January. I love it. Had a Chevy, Kia and Buick before this one and the Focus is a million times better. Highly recommend to anyone who wants a reliable and affordable vehicle. Even for a car that isn't a sports car, it is still sporty. Easy to drive, very comfortable, responds well. My husband & I are both tall and this car is still very comfortable for us. Center console is a little awkward to get into, but that is the only thing that could stand improvement.

Great Kid Car
By Grant on 05/01/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for our 17 year old. Chose a new low cost car vs used few year old car. Really is fun to drive, great on gas and yes, very reliable for those "I'll be home when the mall closes" evenings. Found we all use the car for that quick trip down to the store.

Affordable Ford Fun
By Darrell NUssbaum on 04/30/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My SES is nicely equipped; it has just about all the options you can order. It handles like a jungle cat on a chase. I'm very inpressed with the quality and comfort this auto presents. The fit and finish is excellent. Whether you are driving or just admiring the ZX3 you feel the tingle of ownership. It is a fine Detroit piece of workmanship with a look of things to come down the road. It is fun driving that is affordable with many creature comforts.

My Yellow Focus
By djroeder on 04/28/05 02:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is a looker! I have a bright yellow Focus and I have people of all ages looking at it. I love to drive it as it is a fun car to drive. It stays on the road well and handles curves well. I drive on the highway most of the time and it holds its own there also. If I was going to complain about something it would be the paint job. I don't think it holds up well; it scratches easily. Also, I have had to have 3 lug nut covers replaced as they fall off after having the tires rotated. I would also like just an inch or two more room in the back seat leg area.

Focus ZX3 For Me!
By Debbie on 04/27/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's the most reliable US made car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive, handles well and is great even in snow. My next car will also be a Focus. Can't beat the gas mileage with the gas prices today. And it is practically maintenance free.