Used 2005 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus Saleen
By Scott

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun.I am getting decent mileage but had hoped for better. The interior is tops and the exterior gets looks everywhere I go. Bigger drink holders would have been nice but may have lost some of the look. This thing hugs the road and acceleration is amazing.

Leather interior and superior ground effects.

The air conditioner could be better during acceleration.

My first car
By kraftikitty

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At twenty-one, buying your first car is a major decision ... especially when you can only afford a sixty month lease, so you'll be driving that vehicle every day for six years before it is paid off. After much research, I settled on this car, based on its aesthetically pleasing design, the "cute" look, its sensitive handling, and fuel economy. I work one mile from home, so my mileage isn't intense, but using this car for pleasure as well, I only refuel about once every ten days, sometimes less often. This car is wonderful for a first-time buyer, or a family car. Insurance for any new car will be very high, though, so be warned ... especially if you're under 25.

I love the look and feel of this car. It's smooth, fun to drive, and stands out from the crowd. It doesn't look like very many other cars. Also, the 6 CD changer is very convenient ... and everything you need is always within reach.

I'm not too familiar with other cars, only having driven my car and two Ford Explorers, but I feel like I'm on a carnival ride when taking a 90-degree turn at more than 15 mph. Might be due to the round hatchback design ... I'm not familiar with dynamics of vehicles. Overall, though, I love my car.

After a year of driving
By Olympia, WA

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Really a great car for a 5-speed manual. I drive 30 miles each way to and from work. Handles great on the freeway as well as in town in those hard to park spots.

The amount of stuff I can haul when I put the rear seat down.

Goodyear RS-A's are not such a great tire for such a good car by Ford. Getting vibration from the tires even after being rebalanced. The cupholder location is tucked in under the dash, so you cannot put a tall drink in the cupholder. Cupholder could be bigger to hold the larger cups as well.

My Fo is Super!
By 4 dr hatchback

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2005 Focus SE hatchback for work and now we drive it more than our minivan! We fight over who gets to drive because this car is one fun machine. Fast pick up getting on and navigating the freeways. Just love it. Very minor issues when we first bought it - slight front end adjustment and tweaking of the idle. That has been it so far for 13,000 miles. We look forward to many happy miles with this car. Our Fo!

The engine, transmission and seat comfort. Just cute to look at!

The radio system lacks cassette tape access but oh well.

Ford Focus 2005
By blan49

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ride is sporty and the road handling is very good. The car is practical in layout and function. Ford has been okay about service. The gas mileage is a flat out lie. City driving is about 21.5 mpg, no where near the 26 mpg claims. I believe fuel accuracy is important in selling an auto. They blow it on this point.

Quiet drive and good handling.

20 more horsepower and 5 to 10 mpg fuel improvement.

• SUV