2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2005 Focus
By sgallagh on 10/30/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Not impressed with the cheap tires I had to replace after 25,000 miles. Brakes have been replaced twice within first two years. Just took it in for it's 30,000 mile maintenance and had to pay $600 for the parts and labor. Seems like I'm always needing to take it in to have somthing checked out whether it's alignment or brakes. For a car that was rated well by Consumer Reports, I am not all that impressed by the Focus. I was hesitant to buy a Ford but took the chance. Not sure I'm happy I did. The "fun" aspects of the car don't make up for it's flaws.

Love my car
By susan on 10/23/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus was my first brand new car. I have not had one single problem with it since I've bought it. My husband has a Honda Civic and my car is by far more comfortable, roomy, handles better and less noisy. I commute almost 2 hours a day and my car has been perfect.It even took me through my entire pregnancy comfortably. The car is quite fuel efficient - I only fill up once a week. The stereo system is very clear as well! Have spent many long hours on roadtrips and it has been comfortable and great on the highway! A great car. The only thing is the dashboard is kind of cheaply done and is getting worn looking. Some difficulty in bad weather.

Nice littler car
By Nice little car on 09/13/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a few little tweeks I can get About 38-40 mpg on the highway at around 65-75Mph. It's not the fastest car but It's absoulutely the best car for fuel economy and reliability. I put over 33,000 miles on it in 24 months, and it still run great. Road noise is a problem but $350 or less if you do it yourself will fix the problem (Road noise foam or strips).

My crappy ford
By starfishinva on 08/20/07 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for the gas mileage since most of my driving is interstate, to find it sucks more gas than a V8 and when taken to the car lot they hook up a computer to it and say i'm getting 39 mpg but in fact getting less than 22 mpg what a disappointment!!!the rpms in the city are 1800 on the tach on the highway it's between 2200 and 2500 and no one will actually check the car out for problems!!!

Good Small Car Overall
By Joel from IL on 08/05/07 00:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the way this car drives. The engine is peppy and it stays glued to the road. So far, after two years this Focus has been mostly reliable. It's been to the dealer for a trunk latch and windshield wiper switch problem. All were fixed. There are just minor issues that bug me though. Compared to the 2003 we had the interior is cheap looking and plasticky. Seats are not very comfortable. The taillight bulbs burned out at exactly 2 years. Just little ways to tell Ford has cut corners. At highway speed there seems to be quite a bit of road noise which may be due to the low profile tires. The fuel economy leaves room for improvement at real world 20-23 city, and 30-32 highway.

Fun basic transportation
By Jim Schaffer on 07/30/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've waited two years to write this review because often times first impressions are not accurate. But in this case they would have been because I'm as happy with the car now as I was when I first drove it off the lot. The 2.0 motor has lots of pep. The suspension has you thinking your driving something thousands of dollars more than what you paid for it. The fuel mileage is excellent (35 mpg on the interstate). The interior and exterior design is contemporary and very apealling (in my opinion anyway). Overall, an excellent little car!

Ford Focus ZX3. my first brand new car.
By mini-pearl on 07/09/07 22:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

There is nothing bad about this car. Good mileage, economical operation, fun to drive. It has a 5 speed manual transmission. This car gets 27 around town and 30 mpg highway.

'05 Focus after two years
By htw on 06/20/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A six-speed auto tranny would boost mileage. Seat belt for driver hard to snap into holder due to console. Auto up/down on both front side windows would help as would rear disk brakes. But, somehow, it's great fun to drive!

Very peppy car
By Slimm on 05/19/07 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have no regrets of buying this car since day one. It has a great amount of power for such a little car. I love everything about this car. I would recommend the Focus ST to anyone that still needs a sedan but also wants a little power

My Baby!
By ariana on 04/15/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I plan on keeping this car for the next 50 years! I've had no problems with it at all, and the gas mileage is fantastic on the freeway. The EPA estimate is 35 HWY for my model, and on my last trip I got 34.8, while going 70 or more with no AC. No mechanical problems at all, and it's compact size is great for maneuvering in Los Angeles. The car costs nothing to operate besides the $19.99 oil change I get religiously, and gas.