2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
05 Ford Focus ZX4 SE
By Charles Smith on 08/09/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Low rear view obstructed by high tail end. A kid could not be seen immediately behind the car.

I wish I had bought one too!
By mboulis on 06/25/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband has been a diehard Ford Escort fan for years. He drives 135 miles to work each day and his 1997 Escort (288,000 miles) finally started to give out. He had been extremely reluctant to get a Focus but decided to test drive two of them on the way home from work. He was completely impressed with this car! He bought the ZX4 ST right then and there and drove it home. The handling is smooth, steering is tight and the shifting is close geared and smooth. We cannot say enough good things about this car. The car is a lot of fun to drive! Personally, if I had known what driving a Focus ZX4 ST would be like, I'd have bought one of these instead of the Grand Am GT I bought!

Ford Focus ZX SE
By Ford Focus ZX SE on 05/27/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in our F150 which we loved because of the gas prices going up. And not only does it get great gas mileage in stop and go traffic of 27 mpg or more - freeway driving we get 35mpg. It is so fun to drive and handles great. My daughter then bought this same car, same year . And she also loves it.

Found On Road Dead (FORD)
By paulnlacie on 04/30/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Man, after trading in my 94 Escort for this new ZX5 SES, a year later and 15-20 visits to the dealership for repairs I have come to the conclusion I got a lemon. Have had problems with AC, power window switches, transmission, engine, just to name a few. The dealership wants to take no action to fix this problem even we have now a classified lemon. This is Ford for you, At least the dealership will give a loaner to all people who buys their cars. But I want My Car To Drive that's why I bought it. WHERES THE ESCORT!

Love to drive
By Janice on 04/18/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Ford Explorer and with the gas prices going up I wanted something that was better on gas and also something smaller. At first I was not sure about the leg room in the back for 2 teenage girls but turns out it has plenty of room for them. I love the way it handles. I love to drive it. My girls are learning how to drive and we disagree on who gets to drive.

Begs to be Driven!
By DGoggans on 04/16/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 102 miles daily, and I need a car that makes those 2.5 hours bearable. The Focus makes the drive a pleasure. I'm on Interstate 75, and my Focus runs with the big boys without breaking a sweat. Outstanding on all counts. Feels like a much bigger car with a MUCH bigger engine. This is my first Ford. It won't be my last!

Best car, Best price
By rob on 03/23/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle, everyone that drives it says it has a better ride than most $20,000 cars. And it has a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty! I shopped A LOT, no better deal!

Excellent Vehicle
By bDw on 02/18/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent vehicle. I LOVE it! It is very fuel efficient ... very good car for a teen because it is very safe. One of the safest cars of the newer model cars. Very good looking as well.

Good Buy
By Ford Rules on 02/10/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car in July of 2005. Great deal with incentives and finance rates. The Focus has a better suspension than my old Civic and you sit a lot higher. Very roomy inside and no problems with 10k on it. Getting about 26mpg in city and 32mpg highway.

Focus on fun
By martine4 on 01/28/06 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus ST experience has been a good one. The car is small, a virtue in my situation, handles very well, is very comfortable, and has all sorts of creature comforts one wouldn't expect at the price. I don't see many ads for this car ... Ford doesn't need to advertise it heavily because word of mouth from satisfied owners do the trick. I have had the car for ~9 months and have ~5900 miles on the car. It has never missed a beat! All features; cruise control, 6-disk CD player, skid control (in Iowa we occasionally need this sort of thing), 4-wheel disk brakes. Everything works. Heating, cooling ... no problems. It's reliable and I enjoy driving it.