2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Focus plus
By Bleke on 08/08/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great for starter car for students. Carries 5 people (good for carpooling) and has plenty of room for equipment if your child plays sports.

New Focus
By lelunicalei on 08/06/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2002 Focus SE for the new 2005 Focus SE zx3 and I love the Focus no matter what you call it.

excellent car for a low price
By Mike Webb on 07/25/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As far as I'm concerned...I think that Ford has a excellent car in the Focus. It has a lot of pep, and gets good gas mileage. I've done two tests so far and have reached 32 mpg on average. Thats about 70% stop and go 30% highway. You can pay 3-6K more for a Honda or Toyota ... but what you are really paying for is the history that it's reliable. I'd take the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty then my chances afterwards...and pocket the $6,000.

Great car for the price!
By David on 07/17/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this vehicle and I love it. The price was great in part to the new family pricing the plan. The interior is larger than it appears. Great car!

Focus on a very good car
By rollinstone60 on 07/14/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the reliability of my Focus. I like the acceleration, and the easy handling. And of course in this day and age the gas mileage. I would buy it again in a heart beat.

Careful if you buy a manual 2005 ZX3
By Jennifer Reidy on 07/09/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car, took it on vacation and on the way home, the brand new clutch burned out on a Saturday. On Monday I was told the part was on a national backorder. It would be weeks before it would be ready. I was 800 miles from home. My dealership was awesome. They got Ford to pull the part off the assembly line. The reimbursed me up to a $1000, but not for my missed time at work which cost me another $500. I love the car, but I will not buy another manual after this.

GREAT CAR FUN TO DRIVE
By Jon-Paul on 07/09/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very cool unique car, nice design and layout and great standard features. Wish they would make the SVT but no luck. Not a fast car but it makes up for it in reliability and features.

Fun to drive!
By lorri on 07/09/05 08:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my focus ZX5 SE so much! It handles very well, it holds the road and turns evenly. I also like the exterior, it's sporty & classy at the same time.

Outstanding small car.
By Ted on 06/03/05 18:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great all around carl good driver vision in all directions. The automatic is spot on. Gas mileage averages 30 mpg. Easy to park. Changed the tires to Pirelli Nero Zero's. Now it is a better ride with less tire noise. This car is a GREAT BARGAIN wiith the rebates and low financing rates. If something happened to this one, I would purchase another.

Great for Price
By N0v4c41n3 on 06/01/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm pretty critical of vehicles myself, but overall i was very pleased with the vehicle. Unfortunately it is not for the die-hard performance fan. Granted it definitely has the potential. No major problems with the car but it does rev too high between shifts, clutch is not as responsive as the engine needs, the engine does not lose rpm's fast enough for serious performance use and takes most of the fun out of it, corners well, accelerates rather well, but cannot use the torque of the engine to drift in corners because the engine does not wind down. But for under $20,000 we shouldn't expect it to handle like a Porsche