2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Little Wagon for Price!!
By Lisa Pelz on 09/27/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle! Handles well with awesome gas mileage! Holds all of my sons sporting equipment as one of the reasons why I have purchased this vehicle. Love the sunroof and the multi disc player. I bought extra, the net for groceries and the cargo cover for the back so you can hide your valuables. Handles great! Fits me like a glove. No where to put your purse but in the back seat. Unfortunately had one accident in it and we were all safe! Awesome!

it is a nice car
By Memphisian on 09/25/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it to replace my old Ford Escort. Now my wife drives it and I drive it during weekends. Compared to my Ford Fusion, it is noisy. That is the only thing I can complain about. Man, this car is 4,000 dollar cheaper than Ford Fusion. Can they be the same? I own it for 3 years and only the CD player had problem and it was replaced by a brand new one without cost. Believe it? This car does not need to change air filter. The gas mileage is good, it is a great economic compact car.

Great car!
By Prash on 09/11/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car since it was exactly 14k. Corolla and Civic were more expensive and Sentra had worse mileage. I did not want another Accord because of the price. I have had this car for about 3 yrs now and now have 103k miles on it. I never changed the tires until one blew up at 102k, Jiffy Lube messed up my gas line due to a gas filter change and I had to get the entire gas line replaced. Other than changing oil, trans oil, coolant, tires, serpentine belt..no major problems. I would recommend this car to everyone. I drive 170 miles everyday and get about 33-36mpg. Why would I want a hybrid giving me 40k and costing me 24k?

Not bad at all
By nichole on 08/20/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely not a bad car. Only problem is when the alternator went up. Scared the crap out of me and seemed a little ironic that it happened with less than 20,000 miles on the car, but whatever. Not too impressed at needing new tires at 20,000 either. Partial blame on the dealer for not doing it and then the other half on myself for not knowing to ask. Handling is pretty good and parking is really easy. Not thrilled with the road noise at high speeds but I'll take that over having to turn off my AC to get moving above 30 mph in my old car.

I like the warranty ... kind of
By The VA Lady on 07/27/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the my car with only 11 miles. I put about 30k a year on a car and wanted something with a good warranty. At 90k the CD player went out. At 93k my alternator destroyed my battery while I was 300 miles from home. The part was covered under warranty but the dealership wouldn't have it for 2 days. My "warranty" wouldn't tow me back so I was stuck missing work for that time. When it was finally repaired the battery light came on again only about 100 miles down the highway. I admit, this isn't disastrous but I am concerned that I will be in a world of hurt at 100k when the factory warranty runs out. The customer care dept better wow me or it is hello Hyundai!

Love it!
By Rileigh on 07/15/08 01:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first Focus in 2001 and loved it! So when that got totalled in January 2005, I knew I wanted another Focus. The color choices stunk that year, but my new one has lots of great, new features that I love. I am very happy with it!

Focus Rally Car!
By focuszombie on 06/28/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus seems to take a beating in the reviews, but mine has been pretty much what I expected. I bought it used (lease return) and it was cheap transpo. Maintenance? I've replaced brake pads once (I'm at 42K miles), tires once, and done oil changes. That's it. Not bad. Resale value? Holding its own with current gas prices. I downsized from a Ranger 4x4 the Focus is like driving a sports car to me. Mountain roads are more fun and the road trip to Trona where my Focus left a Toyota PreRunner 2 miles in the dust on desert dirt roads, now that was a blast! Ford, why'd you kill the hatchback? Hatchbacks rule for small car utility and capacity. Bring it back! Yeah, I like mine!

142000 miles in two years and it keeps
By Gvs on 06/24/08 05:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The most dependable car I had so far. Only had two glitches with it: a) Two light bulbs had to be replaced b) The drivers safety belt buckle has been replaced. Engine and drive train wise, this car performs like a charm, costs very little to drive.

Great
By Jim Van Damme on 06/09/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Automatic tranny, gets 32 MPG in mixed driving, plummets to 28 MPG in winter. OK, it's only 3 years old, but so far totally reliable. Once in a great while I get some rough idle and I checked it with my DRB tester & it says it's the airflow sensor but it always resets. Bought used, probably traded because there was a big air leak into the bottom of the windshield. Some caulk cured that. Trunk lid doesn't fit well.

After 3 Years, Still Love It
By Mikey on 05/24/08 23:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen people review this car as underpowered. What did they think they were buying? It is an economy car. Duh. This is a good looking car that is fun to drive, and has a well designed interior. The car is comfortable, the steering tight, the mileage decent, and it has been very reliable. We have not had a single problem in almost three years. The noise at highway speeds is a little more than I would like, but that is my only complaint. It is easy to park because of its small size, but the interior is roomy enough. The trunk is good sized. The Pirelli tires grip great. Fit and finish is excellent.