2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I like the warranty ... kind of
By The VA Lady on 07/27/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the my car with only 11 miles. I put about 30k a year on a car and wanted something with a good warranty. At 90k the CD player went out. At 93k my alternator destroyed my battery while I was 300 miles from home. The part was covered under warranty but the dealership wouldn't have it for 2 days. My "warranty" wouldn't tow me back so I was stuck missing work for that time. When it was finally repaired the battery light came on again only about 100 miles down the highway. I admit, this isn't disastrous but I am concerned that I will be in a world of hurt at 100k when the factory warranty runs out. The customer care dept better wow me or it is hello Hyundai!

142000 miles in two years and it keeps
By Gvs on 06/24/08 05:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The most dependable car I had so far. Only had two glitches with it: a) Two light bulbs had to be replaced b) The drivers safety belt buckle has been replaced. Engine and drive train wise, this car performs like a charm, costs very little to drive.

Great
By Jim Van Damme on 06/09/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Automatic tranny, gets 32 MPG in mixed driving, plummets to 28 MPG in winter. OK, it's only 3 years old, but so far totally reliable. Once in a great while I get some rough idle and I checked it with my DRB tester & it says it's the airflow sensor but it always resets. Bought used, probably traded because there was a big air leak into the bottom of the windshield. Some caulk cured that. Trunk lid doesn't fit well.

After 3 Years, Still Love It
By Mikey on 05/24/08 23:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen people review this car as underpowered. What did they think they were buying? It is an economy car. Duh. This is a good looking car that is fun to drive, and has a well designed interior. The car is comfortable, the steering tight, the mileage decent, and it has been very reliable. We have not had a single problem in almost three years. The noise at highway speeds is a little more than I would like, but that is my only complaint. It is easy to park because of its small size, but the interior is roomy enough. The trunk is good sized. The Pirelli tires grip great. Fit and finish is excellent.

Great Car!
By indichick88 on 04/27/08 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

From buying this car 3 years ago, I've been very pleased. I've never had to take it in for servicing and it's never caused my any major problems. I love how roomy the interior is, and how the car is the perfect size, not too large, and not too small. I've also been able to go on one tank for 2 weeks! Perfect for students and people just looking for an affordable, reliable car. No complaints!

Found a good one
By drivealot on 04/25/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for more than a year. Purchased used. The front disc brake rotors need to be turned. They were like this soon after I purchased. Other than that it has only had normal needs; new tires, wiper blades and oil changes, it has been low maintenance and trouble-free. I get 40MPG highway and close to 30 in the city. I drive with fuel economy in mind. Mine has an auto transmission with a overdrive button on the shifter. I use overdrive for any driving over 35 MPH and it helps the in-town fuel consumption a lot.

What Happened To Ford's "Quality"?
By Jerry on 02/22/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The engine and transmission began presenting problems shortly after I bought the car. The engine idles rough, runs rough and stalls when stopping. When the tranny changes, especially up/down from second to third gears, it sounds like pouring a bunch of screws into a metal bucket. Now is is slow going into gear from park. I cannot recommend buying any Ford Focus.

2005 Ford Focus ST
By Shelton on 02/12/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Outside of a water leak and a bad customer service from the dealer at purchase time, spent first 40 of 60 days in their shop trying to fix the water leak, the car has been extremely dependable and excellent to drive on the highway. Very nimble around town, not too many turns this car can not navigate with ease. Not a headturner, but brings some sleepish performance to the table.

2005 ZX4 ST
By Felipe on 01/14/08 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought this vehicle for my wife and I have now been driving it since we bought an SUV. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with this vehicle.

Nice littler car
By Nice little car on 09/13/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a few little tweeks I can get About 38-40 mpg on the highway at around 65-75Mph. It's not the fastest car but It's absoulutely the best car for fuel economy and reliability. I put over 33,000 miles on it in 24 months, and it still run great. Road noise is a problem but $350 or less if you do it yourself will fix the problem (Road noise foam or strips).