2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my focus!!!!
By lucyjo on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd focus, went from a Ferrari (divorce), to a Tracker, damaged by a "Hummer"... to my "FOCUS"...leased the 1st one, bought the 2nd one loved it so much!! GREAT CAR!!! 5** "GET ONE"!!! :)

A Best Buy
By chirider on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my recent purchase of the Focus. Its exterior appearance is a quantum leap improvement over its predecessors. It handles well, provides a smooth and relatively solid ride. The Mazda3 was a strong temptation for me and likely exceeds the Focus in many respects, but you get much more bang for the buck in the Focus.

Exceptional Small Car Value
By Jay Hartfield on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2005 Focus ZX4 ST model is an exceptional small car. Fun to drive, powerful 2.3 liter four, tight 5-speed shifter, and great handling with sport suspension and 16" low profile Pirelli tires. Only option on mine is side curtain air bags. Comes well-equipped with 4 wheel disk ABS, good base sound system w/6 disk in-dash CD changer, cruise control, keyless entry, etc.

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES
By ALJOKY on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very powerful, light, balance and the most comfortable seat to drive long distance.

This is a great car
By Sjacka on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drove the Mazda 3 S with sport suspension first. Loved it and was sold on it until I drove the Focus ZX4 ST. There is no comparison -- The ST is far superior and significantly cheaper in the end.

Great value.
By Joseph Bergevin on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the 2005 ZX3, having previously bought a 99' ZX2, and I'm impressed with the refinement. I really liked my ZX2 (still do, actually), so I was surprised how much more advanced the Focus felt when I got behind the wheel. It rides smoothly, quietly, and relatively sprightly. You sit much higher. The steering wheel feels and looks nice and the stick feels much more "short throw" and precise. The clutch is effortless. It's easily the nicest car I've owned, out of 4 used and 2 new cars. It's roomy. It's solid. Above all, it's very reasonably priced. Ford is finally meeting the Japanese in quality, and (slightly) beating them in price. Kudos!

I Still Can't Believe It
By ChaddyMoff on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500+ miles a week in my commute. I got rid of my Neon a few years back because I was sick of being crammed into an econobox. Now with 170,000 on my Intrepid ES, I decided to head back down tin can alley. I found a refined, extreeeemely impressive economy car. This car has got options that would not be available on other economy cars in its class. The 6-disc, in dash, with auto-sound quieting, steering wheel stereo and cruise controls -- I am becoming more convinced daily that this thing can't be beat for the money. I got my SES in the Blazing Copper. It gets looks and comments everywhere I go.

Focus wagon review
By Bob Durbeck on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my Focus Wagon. It is the most fun-to-drive car I have ever owned and I have owned over 30 cars over the years.

In Focus
By roni12353@aol.com on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car runs great and is good on gas. The styling is sharp and the interior is spacious.

ford focus
By manessi on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my husband present this vehicle to me, I was very reluctant. I love my ford focus. Not only the performance but the overall look of the vehicle. I am very please with gas mileage per gallon. They way the vehicle hug the curves. Again I am very happy with my focus.