Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

new owner
By igor

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought 2 wks ago. have 700 miles on it. so far all good, without complaints. Best things: HATCHBACK without the blingbling: I would be in Mazda3 5door, but I don;t need the engine and ppearance package. Ford got it right with offering the 3door as a cheaper alternative. Sedans are impractical, and I don't need a wagon.. OPTIONS: I put almost everythign on the car, and it feels like a much more expensive car. ENGINE: while sometimes I miss the v8 I got rid off, the engine is decent enough for every situation FUN: the car loves to be pused a little. loves curves and sharper driving (refreshing after expedition). Quality... way beond anything GM, without the extra premium of japanese beand.

class, comfort, fun to drive and options. not forced to bigger engine or "appearance pakage". with all the summer 05 discounts, paid 13k for a 19k car without hagling (the dealer is still my friend :-) very decent engine, very responsive steering, and very predictable when pushed a little bit.

change tires on 16" wheels. The pirelli P6 fourseason are just bad. they don't drive exceptionally well, and aparently fail in about 20k miles. More covered storage space in front cabin would help- everything is "open" so I don;t want to leae things there.

Much better, our first was 2000
By Ward

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great improvement all around, our first focus was a 2000 wagon. Especially in body fit and finish. All interior functions feel much higher in quality also. We love the economy and room inside. Better than all the other wagons we looked at.

Quality of materials, room, style of the ZXW SES.

Larger arm rest on doors for long trips, window tinting on all windows.

fun to drive
By joe collazo

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A fun to drive econobox. A sporty suspension, an engine with some spunk and all the amenities that make it as enjoyable to drive as my Miata.

Sunroof, Sony sound system and the sport tuned suspension.

Needs 17 inch wheels, spare change holder.

good; but not a Honda
By JIMC

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good inexpensive car. I don't think it will prove to be as dependable or have the same quality or resale value as the 3 Japanese imports of Nissan, Toyota, or Honda.

Driveability, driving comfort.

Annoying rattles at times from interior trim and fit. Loose cloth on seats.

new owner
By Denise

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just downsized to my new Ford Focus from -- get this -- an Expedition. What a change. The gas mileage is fantastic and the car is very roomy. I have 3 (bigger) kids to tote around town from school to appointments and the little Focus gets the job done for a fraction of the cost. It is peppy and very fun to drive. It fits in so many small spaces. I have owned it for 1 month now and would recommend it to anyone.

It has a roomy interior & trunk space. It is quick off the line with lots of pep, not to mention the gas. I have to remind myself to fill up & that is a great problem to have right now. Today gas is currently 2.48/gallon around me.

Dividers in trunk and another cup holder in back seat.