Used 2005 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

My Focus Experience
By S. Howe

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing my Focus Wagon my great-nephews (in a car seat and boaster seat) have had a great time traveling about in our area. There is also enough room for my niece in the back with the boys. Everything is so easy to get to and to get the boys in their seats.

Love the kid proof door locks, also that the drivers seat adjusts up or down.

The interior light at the back of the wagon should come on when you push the button on the remote so you can check the rear for unwanted passengers before getting in. This should be standard on all open back vehicles.

Much better, our first was 2000
By Ward

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great improvement all around, our first focus was a 2000 wagon. Especially in body fit and finish. All interior functions feel much higher in quality also. We love the economy and room inside. Better than all the other wagons we looked at.

Quality of materials, room, style of the ZXW SES.

Larger arm rest on doors for long trips, window tinting on all windows.

'05 SES Focus wagon
By robert

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very roomy and easy to get in and out of. I am average build and over 6 foot tall and am comfortable in front and back seats. My parents have a new full size 4 door Jaguar which has significantly less head/leg room and is more challenging to enter and exit. Focus wagon's cargo area is very impressive for a car of this size. Visibility and ease of driving are very good. Itís fairly quiet and good riding. Pickup is good, but not like a sports car, but definitely adequate for merging onto freeways, etc.

Standard MP3 CD player which allows you to basically have a several hundred song music library onto only a few CDs you don't have to take in and out of the car. Interior comfort and roominess is excellent. Car seems heavier and more solid than some of the Japanese imports I looked at.

Gas mileage is nowhere near the EPA numbers of 35mpg on the window. With no other passengers or load in the car and driving on nearly complete flat freeway with virtually no traffic or stops, at speeds averaging 60 to 65mph, with manual shift, I get around 28mpg. I don't know the actual city mpg.

Perfect Little Wagon
By Ken Peters

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have logged 900 miles in the first two weeks of ownership, and I absolutely love my little Liquid Grey Focus wagon. I "downsized" from a 2002 Lincoln LS V-8 to save on fuel and gain more cargo capacity. I was worried that an econobox ride would be disappointing. Boy, was I wrong. I love driving the Focus. Handling/steering is outstanding, engine power is surprising and the seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The 6-disc CD/MP3 player is amazing - a great sound system. I opted for a power moonroof, ABS and side impact airbags as the major add ons. I learned years ago with a Mercury Tracer that loading an econo-car with all the bells and whistles is the best way to go.

6-disc CD/MP3 player (makes me want to driver it!); power moonroof; ABS and side airbag safety features; high driver's seat position; cargo space; fuel economy (especially when compared to my Lincoln LS); four cupholders up front, with two in the doors; A/C cools quickly; cute-as-a-bug looks.

Availability of AWD for some shoppers; improved sun visors; better quality cargo cover (mine already has a crease in center); cross rails on the roof rack. But overall this vehicle is nearly perfect as-is. Can't praise it highly enough!

Love the car, hate the chintzy interior
By Carole Child

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Ford Focus Wagon; it's good looking, zippy, reliable (so far) pretty good on gas around town, excellent on the road. I am not happy with the inferior interior ... when the drivers seat is back as far as it will go there are wires exposed, seat runners and handles exposed and clothing keeps getting caught on the handles. I am a very large person and I find the drivers space very comfortable, unfortunately the back seats are cramped. No space for women to put their purses. Some feature in the trunk for grocery bags, hooks, cut-outs whatever, so groceries aren't rolling all over car. Would I buy it again ... you bet!

Love the zippiness and power. Front seat roomy even for really big people. I also like the cup holder and inserts, they really do handle most size containers.

Improve the interior especially the stuff under the seats which gets exposed when seats are back all the way, wires, handles, runners etc. No place for a woman to put a purse. The passenger winds up holding the purses as there is no floor room or space between seats.