2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 2nd new car

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2nd new car
By Mike on

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I told myself after buying a brand new 1984 Dodge Caravan and having someone wreck it in my driveway I would never buy a new car again...well here I am and I did buy a new 2005 Focus SES. The car handles like a European car, extremely well, sure of itself and very responsive. It lacks power but makes up for that in the handling. Stopping seems OK and the car makes the driver feel in total control. I am still unsure of the mpg which I will carefully scrutinize. Overall I am pleased with the car so far.

Styling, radio controls on the steering wheel, 6 disc CD player, passive alarm system, 100,000 mile tune up (what mechanic wouldn't like that?). See through containers in engine compartment, height adjustable seat.

Side view mirrors are extremely small - could use a bit of size. Steering wheel is a bit small. Where's the ash tray? (I don't even smoke!). Need a wee bit more power under the hood. 4 wheel disc brakes on the SES, decrease road noise, and make it more affordable!