Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2005 Ford Focus
By Sandra

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus is a wonderful car with a lot of room and great on gas. It's compact enough to get into any parking spot without any trouble.

The only improvement that I could suggest is to give the trunk latch a longer life span. I have only had my car for 4 months and the truck latch sometimes doesn't want to open. The trunk light has also been a problem. Sometimes it'll work then other times it won't.

2005 Ford Focus SE ZX4
By fay

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderfully equipped for an economy car, very quiet smooth drive. great on gas. Very comfortable. A great buy. Very nice looking car too. Very easy handling. Lots of room for a small car. You definitely get your money's worth with this car. You can't go wrong.

Cruise control, radio controls on dash and on steering wheel. Comfort. And great gas mileage. The handling is great. We love everything about this car.

Not to much to improve on.

Love my new Focus!
By Bryan Janak

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I would have never thought to look at a Focus, but I spotted this one on a lot while looking at Mustangs. I decided to take it for a drive, and was very impressed with the power this little car has. Needless to say, I started the paperwork on it immediately. I got it for around $14,400 with the family plan, it was too good of a deal to pass up. I am used to driving a truck, but became very accustomed to this car quickly. It handles well, has lots of power, and gets tons of looks, especially in black. The sound system could be better, but that's a cheap fix for me. I have no real complaints on this car. My sister has an '03, and she has had zero problems unlike the '00-'02s.

6 disc cd/mp3 player, traction control, foglights, steering column radio controls.

The dash isn't as creative as the '00-'03s, I wish it had a little more spunk and it needs to have the auto locks on it like the F150.

luv my Focus
By Braswell

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2003 model, and I traded it in on a 2005 Focus. No other car was good enough for me. I tried the Honda Accord, and the Civic, and I just didn't like them. With the roominess of the Focus, and the way it handles, it won hands down with me. My fiancÚ is 6 foot 7 inches tall, and most small cars he does not fit in, but in the Focus he has room to spare. I LOVE MY FOCUS!

I love everything about the Focus, except the fact that they took away the drawer that I put my change in. I loved that drawer. They did however make more room for the drinks on the passenger side.

Add on some car seat anchors, that is all I can think of at this time. I think the Focus is the perfect small car.

Ford of Germany Design is Great!
By NewFocusOwner

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford finally got its small car design right by letting its German design team build the entire car. Handling is best in class - the Germans know how to design steering and suspensions; much more solid feeling than the Civic or Corolla. Excellent interior space and comfort for 4 adults. Cruises easily on the freeway and still has the horses to accelerate as traffic requires. I imagine that this FOCUS is what BMW would offer if it ever sold an economy compact car.

A great total package for the price. My ZX4 SE with sports package and automatic transmission came well equipped, plus a tilt/telescoping wheel that the competition doesn't offer. Excellent basic sound system.

Front seats could use a bit more engineering as it is not as comfortable as my previous 2001 New Beetle. Fuel economy is average for class at 24 mpg with the automatic transmission. The dash board has a bit too much hard plastic, clearly a cost savings measure.