Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 314 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

ZX4 ST
By john mcalliter

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with the vehicle so far. I took her out for a ride some nice back roads with some hills and a lot of curves. I was very impressed with its handling capabilities; it sticks to the road like glue. Acceleration is not a problem and going through the gears is quite easy. The ride is a bit stiff, but the car's handling makes up for that. The steering is incredibly responsive and the independent rear suspension makes cornering a breeze. The seats are comfortable and the interior has plenty of room. The seats are comfortable and the interior has plenty of room, at least for the driver. All in all a good little car for the money.

Fun to drive, and handles great.

None

Still the Most Bang for the Buck
By micweb

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned four ZX-3's - a 2000, 2001, 2003, and the current 2005. The 2000 was buggy but way ahead of its time on handling and packaging. The current model is still ahead of the pack on handling and performance, returns good gas mileage as well, and is a reliable car. If you like to be involved in driving, and are on a budget, this (ZX3, S trim with aircon, stick shift) is the car for you! The current 100,000 mile power train warranty adds to the sense of security. I was able to buy a 6 year, 60,000 mile bumper to bumper Ford extended warranty for only $600. All of my Focii except the 2001 have been stick shift.

Engine and suspension are tops.

Put the tachometer back in!

My Focus Experience
By S. Howe

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing my Focus Wagon my great-nephews (in a car seat and boaster seat) have had a great time traveling about in our area. There is also enough room for my niece in the back with the boys. Everything is so easy to get to and to get the boys in their seats.

Love the kid proof door locks, also that the drivers seat adjusts up or down.

The interior light at the back of the wagon should come on when you push the button on the remote so you can check the rear for unwanted passengers before getting in. This should be standard on all open back vehicles.

The best choice I never did make
By Rach

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't make the decision to get a Focus -- my husband and the salesman did. I wanted the big SUV. Of course, it was a blessing that I decided on the Focus, especially with the price of gas these days. It is WONDERFUL on fuel! I get about 432 miles to the tank and I get 36 miles to the gallon. It has a 12 gallon tank. Great on the pocket book. Much better than 15 miles to the gallon! It is fun to drive, but because of the fuel economy, the 2.0L engine doesn't have the pep that my former V8 had. However, I much prefer to save the gas and money. Would definitely recommend it as a car for anybody who likes to drive, despite the rising fuel costs.

INTERIOR DESIGN! The weight sensor air bag control is a wonderful safety feature. I love the storage space too. The water bottle holders in both front doors are really handy additions to the 2 center cup holders. The big trunk and the fact that the rear seat pulls down to add space is great too!

More horse power. It takes a while to speed up while going up the entrance ramp to the interstate. I would make ABS brakes a standard safety feature. Right now it's only optional. I would also have the rear trunk actually pop open with hydraulics rather than manually lifting it open. (Easier for loading).

the beast
By bryan

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all I love this car. It’s faster than I thought great on gas. Don’t know about more than 2 people as I always drive alone.

Love the 6 disc mp3 player in the dash with controls on steering column.

An ashtray; whether its used or not, it should have one. A better sound system; at least a little louder.