Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

fun to drive
By ljcollaz

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

3 months owning the car and am more impressed than when I first bought it. MPG holding in the upper 20s, handles like a dream with a responsive Mazda engine. Hopefully the engine will last like my 13 year old Miata, which @ 140,000 miles is almost indestructible. Ford is doing their homework to compete with the imports.

Sunroof, Sony sound system, traction control and the sport tuned suspension.

The 16 inch wheels look out of place with the high roof line -- could use 17 inch; also a little more character on the interior just a little to bland.

a/c compressor noise
By marks1355

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove my ZXW the a/c charge was low so there was no noise. As soon as it was charged and new coolant was put in there was a loud clicking every 30 seconds. Ford say that is normal. That sound is the a/c compressor working. I hate the loud click and would not bought the vehicle if I heard it during my test drive. I love driving my ZXW, but what do I do to shut this car up.

Fix the dang noisy a/c compressor. There has got to be a way to keep a car cool and not have to hear it happen every 30 seconds.

ZX4 ST
By john mcalliter

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with the vehicle so far. I took her out for a ride some nice back roads with some hills and a lot of curves. I was very impressed with its handling capabilities; it sticks to the road like glue. Acceleration is not a problem and going through the gears is quite easy. The ride is a bit stiff, but the car's handling makes up for that. The steering is incredibly responsive and the independent rear suspension makes cornering a breeze. The seats are comfortable and the interior has plenty of room. The seats are comfortable and the interior has plenty of room, at least for the driver. All in all a good little car for the money.

Fun to drive, and handles great.

None

Still the Most Bang for the Buck
By micweb

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned four ZX-3's - a 2000, 2001, 2003, and the current 2005. The 2000 was buggy but way ahead of its time on handling and packaging. The current model is still ahead of the pack on handling and performance, returns good gas mileage as well, and is a reliable car. If you like to be involved in driving, and are on a budget, this (ZX3, S trim with aircon, stick shift) is the car for you! The current 100,000 mile power train warranty adds to the sense of security. I was able to buy a 6 year, 60,000 mile bumper to bumper Ford extended warranty for only $600. All of my Focii except the 2001 have been stick shift.

Engine and suspension are tops.

Put the tachometer back in!

My Focus Experience
By S. Howe

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing my Focus Wagon my great-nephews (in a car seat and boaster seat) have had a great time traveling about in our area. There is also enough room for my niece in the back with the boys. Everything is so easy to get to and to get the boys in their seats.

Love the kid proof door locks, also that the drivers seat adjusts up or down.

The interior light at the back of the wagon should come on when you push the button on the remote so you can check the rear for unwanted passengers before getting in. This should be standard on all open back vehicles.

• SUV