2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Wonderful car
By mattjs on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had totaled my 2000 Elantra, and wanted something different. This car has it all. 3 door hatch is very cool looking. It drives like a dream. 5 speed is easy to use every day. great, supportive seats, quiet. and dont even get my started on the 500 watt Sony sound system. Personally, i think its the best stock stereo i have heard. blazing copper metallic paint (orange) and 3 door hatch looks like nothing on the road.

TALON 51
By rigger52 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I PURCHASED THE FOCUS 2005 WAGON. THIS YEAR THE CAR COMES EQUIPED WITH 16 VALVES. THE CAR HAS INCREDIBLE PICK-UP FOR A FOUR CYLINDER ENGINE! PLENTY OF PAY-LOAD FOR THIS SIZE WAGON - DRILL WEEKEND I HAD NO PROBLEM DOWNLOADING ALL MY EQUIPMENT WITH THE BACK SEAT DOWN. PLENTY OF HEAD ROOM. GREAT SOUND SYSTEM. OVERALL, VERY PLEASED WITH THE THIS VEHICLE!

So not dissappointed
By BIG KIRK on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded out of a full size SUV, and was doubtful that I would be content with a compact as a replacement. I love this little car!! There's plenty of uummmph under the hood, the ST's seats hug like nobodys business and the list of standard features is the best for the money. So far I havent had any problems with the car, but I would encourage others to opt for the upgraded stereo system.

We'll See!
By focus1 on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my '05 Focus last month and so far I've been pretty happy with it. However, there were three defects that have been corrected. They forgot to install one of the bolts that holds the rear wheel well guard in place. Paint defect on the hood and the passenger mirror molding came loose. Local dealer fixed them all. Must have been built on a Fiday or Monday! Overall this little car is very good. The idependant rear suspension is nice as is the handling and responsiveness. The driver seat feels like it wraps around you. Traded in my '03 Corolla for it. The Corolla is jerky on the road and hurts your rear after a long trip. I hope the Focus can stay par with reliability.

My First Car
By american_ford on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car ans so far it is cool and fun to drive.

Great everyday car
By wizardsv650s on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Although the styling of the Mazda 3 seems more desireable, the slew of standard features for the price puts the Focus over the top. The new redesigned body and interior is much better than previous years. The seats are more comfortable and the exterior is much more sporty. For a four door car with room, fuel economy, power, and all year round driveablilty this is the best dollar for dollar value I can find.

Great Car
By Pauld75 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car as soon as I saw it I fell in love with I get great gas mileage I love the way the car handels on rough road.

Great bang for the buck
By scavio on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I definitely didn't imagine two weeks ago that I'd walk away with a car for less than $15k (after rebates and discounts) as great as the Focus has been thus far. It's comfortable, has many of the options that I wouldn't have expected in a "economy" car, and most importantly doesn't feel cheap. I bought this as a commute/winter car because my Camaro wasn't cutting it, and thus far the Camaro has sat parked while I have enjoyed driving this car.

Fun & great to drive
By Jeremy Dillon on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing I don't like is it stays in high idle between shifts. Like the speed controler doesn't work to idle the motor down. Other than this the car is GREAT..

Fun and peppy!
By chicagojudy on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Hugs the road nicely. Makes great tight turns. Quiet engine. Almost soundproof when windows are up. A great value for the money!