2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Many comparisons later...
By Jodyimnew on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched on the internet and then set out to drive the top 4 (Corolla, Civic, Mazda3, and Focus). After some unpleasant experiences with my 2000 Focus I really didn't expect to buy another Ford. I could not believe the improvements in the 2005! It was much more comfortable and fun to drive than any of the others. The power is great, mileage over 30mpg, looks good, and the price with all the "standard" options beat the others- hands down! Love to drive (and my friends love to ride) in my sporty new Focus!

Focus Fun
By pbman on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As much fun to drive as my miata, less noise, more comfortable. Reminds me of my 80 BMW 320 in it's handling and performance. Fold down seats accomidated a full size futon frame and mattress. Great car for the price especially after rebates.

The Amazing Focus...La Blue
By Kathy Kearney on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My expierence with my 2005 Ford Focus has been very new, fun and exciting. It has no play in the steering wheel and turns on a dime. It rides like a big car because it has 16" tires and seems sound proof from the road noises.I still can't believe it is a small car as it constantly rides and handles almost like the Mercury Marquis that I traded in.I have only had it a couple of months but the enjoyment of not visiting the gas station frequently has been great.The 4 cylinder engine seems like an 6 or 8 cylinder as it has incredible spunk and pick up when you need to pass or you are on the thruway. It is my first new car. and It was fairly priced and it truly is an amazing focus.

Easy Transition
By courtdug on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a Ford Escort and was reluctant on going to the Focus. The transition has been wonderful! I love the way the car handles, it's very quiet, I love the speedvolume and the size of the car. It's spacious and comfortable!

One Fun Focus!
By Maree on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Summing it up in a nutshell. Dont consider the purchase of any other vehicle until you have at least driven a Focus one time. It is one of the most fun and most reliable vehicles at an affordable price on the road today! Happy Driving!

Next car after Ford ZX2
By handiestman on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2000 year old ZX2 was still good, but I thought now was a good time to get a new car. I think this 2005 is a much better vehicle with a lot more space.There is so much more space and this trunk gives good space. Also, we have a moonroof(sunroof) and it works quite well. We really are enjoying this car!

happy
By jmpscooby on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car and everything about it except there is no where to put your loose change in it.

my focus
By wltdll2 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

reliable, fair gas mileage, rear carpet is poorly installed. Very goo handling.

TALON 51
By rigger52 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I PURCHASED THE FOCUS 2005 WAGON. THIS YEAR THE CAR COMES EQUIPED WITH 16 VALVES. THE CAR HAS INCREDIBLE PICK-UP FOR A FOUR CYLINDER ENGINE! PLENTY OF PAY-LOAD FOR THIS SIZE WAGON - DRILL WEEKEND I HAD NO PROBLEM DOWNLOADING ALL MY EQUIPMENT WITH THE BACK SEAT DOWN. PLENTY OF HEAD ROOM. GREAT SOUND SYSTEM. OVERALL, VERY PLEASED WITH THE THIS VEHICLE!

Wonderful car
By mattjs on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had totaled my 2000 Elantra, and wanted something different. This car has it all. 3 door hatch is very cool looking. It drives like a dream. 5 speed is easy to use every day. great, supportive seats, quiet. and dont even get my started on the 500 watt Sony sound system. Personally, i think its the best stock stereo i have heard. blazing copper metallic paint (orange) and 3 door hatch looks like nothing on the road.