Used 2005 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Wagon

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Stick to Imports
By may

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this was my first new vehicle. in less than 2 weeks it was in service. then it was in service every other week for one issue or another. my personal vehicle was in service for a rattling noise in rear area; transmission probs; rear hatch not locking; dome light turning on whenever it felt like it... i wont go into my experience with the service department. in short, my car was back at the dealership longer than me driving. filed lemon lawsuit; ford could not buy back- so they issued a settlement check. although it is a spacious vehicle, do not buy- resale value blows; not to mention reliability. if you do buy, make sure you get gap insurance!! many service depts still cant fix hatch probs.

radio controls on steering wheel; space/ roomy.

make; build; transmission; get rid of the loud relay for the turnsignal; reliability. need i say more.

Nice package
By Phil Barbour

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

FoMoCo has vastly improved their small car design over the years. My first one was purchased new in 1981 (Mercury Lynx). This Focus wagon is fully loaded with options. All work well. I do look forward to replacing the Goodyear tires that came on it, however (Never had much luck with this brand, especially in getting them perfectly balanced). More insulation would be a good idea. Although not really annoying, you are definitely made aware of the high winding DOHC 4 cylinder engine doing it's thing, especially during "brisk" acceleration. All the teething problems Focus had in it's first few years seem to have been addressed and taken care of. So far, so good.

Performance and handling are outstanding. Nice looking little wagon.

Dash material could be improved. Looks cheaper than the rest of the vehicle. Steering wheel positioning is adjustable, but still isn't 100% how I want it. (Picky, picky!).

Thinks it's a Sports car!
By Antarababe

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I downsized from my much-loved 2000 Explorer for the fuel economy. And though it doesn't seem to get the 35mpg as promised - it sure is fun to drive. Not the least bit sluggish for a 4 cylinder. Fast out of a start, feels like rack & pinion steering, doesn't hesitate to go up hills. Holds everything my SUV did and then some. Perfect car for a single, self- employed, travel-loving, antique addict. And it'll be light enough to tow when I get that retirement motor home.

I like how peppy it is. And the room for hauling things. Including family.

I need someplace to throw my change. Miss the ashtray. Bigger console between the seats.

Life with a Focus
By Jersey Dave

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus wagon with automatic transmission has a lot of good qualities. It's spunky, offers great driving visibility and has lots of storage room. Little things like the theater lighting are also nice. But, I'm not very pleased with around- town gas mileage in the very low 20's. A 2005 car with a 2.0 liter engine, even with an auto transmission, should do a lot better than that. (My '94 Geo Prizm still gets 25-26 around town). And, I really don't like the European suspension. In New Jersey, we have way too many streets and highways that are in pretty poor condition. I really have fears that my Focus with get beaten or shaken to death way before its time.

I like the smooth, spunky engine and the great storage room in back.

Gas mileage is way too low and the European suspension should to left to cars in Europe.

Radio killed the car
By LEH88

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had the car for about 4 weeks, left it parked for a week, came back the engine was dead, jumped it, it died again. Come to find out the CD/radio was bad, killing the battery. Two months later still waiting on a new CD/radio to be installed. Also my car came with no dip stick. Not sure if that was the dealer or standard practice, that cost $45. Otherwise the car has everything you need for the price. Even with the AC running it can keep up with the best of them on the Autobahn here in Germany. At 140KMs it is sailing along comfortably.

I like the standard features, power locks, cruise control, roomy interior. Fits a family of 4 with two of them teenagers without complaints. Nice car for the price.

Improve the plastic interior, cut down the noise a little. Make the front seats a little larger.