2005 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
My Focus Experience
By S. Howe on 09/10/05 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing my Focus Wagon my great-nephews (in a car seat and boaster seat) have had a great time traveling about in our area. There is also enough room for my niece in the back with the boys. Everything is so easy to get to and to get the boys in their seats.

Much better, our first was 2000
By Ward on 08/11/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great improvement all around, our first focus was a 2000 wagon. Especially in body fit and finish. All interior functions feel much higher in quality also. We love the economy and room inside. Better than all the other wagons we looked at.

'05 SES Focus wagon
By robert on 08/01/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very roomy and easy to get in and out of. I am average build and over 6 foot tall and am comfortable in front and back seats. My parents have a new full size 4 door Jaguar which has significantly less head/leg room and is more challenging to enter and exit. Focus wagon's cargo area is very impressive for a car of this size. Visibility and ease of driving are very good. Itís fairly quiet and good riding. Pickup is good, but not like a sports car, but definitely adequate for merging onto freeways, etc.

Perfect Little Wagon
By Ken Peters on 07/25/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have logged 900 miles in the first two weeks of ownership, and I absolutely love my little Liquid Grey Focus wagon. I "downsized" from a 2002 Lincoln LS V-8 to save on fuel and gain more cargo capacity. I was worried that an econobox ride would be disappointing. Boy, was I wrong. I love driving the Focus. Handling/steering is outstanding, engine power is surprising and the seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The 6-disc CD/MP3 player is amazing - a great sound system. I opted for a power moonroof, ABS and side impact airbags as the major add ons. I learned years ago with a Mercury Tracer that loading an econo-car with all the bells and whistles is the best way to go.

Love the car, hate the chintzy interior
By Carole Child on 07/16/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Ford Focus Wagon; it's good looking, zippy, reliable (so far) pretty good on gas around town, excellent on the road. I am not happy with the inferior interior ... when the drivers seat is back as far as it will go there are wires exposed, seat runners and handles exposed and clothing keeps getting caught on the handles. I am a very large person and I find the drivers space very comfortable, unfortunately the back seats are cramped. No space for women to put their purses. Some feature in the trunk for grocery bags, hooks, cut-outs whatever, so groceries aren't rolling all over car. Would I buy it again ... you bet!

Focus Points
By Bill Brown on 06/21/05 21:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle for my sales job (I carry chemical samples). The Focus Wagon fit the bill to a "T". Spunky car. It is definitely spartan (interior) but the car more than makes up for it in performance.

2005 Focus wagon
By Rainer McGee on 04/27/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall handling and performance with the manual transmission is awesome. Great sound system with the 6 CD radio. For a compact, the handling and performance is more than I expected. The fuel economy is second to none in the non-hybrid class. And that is one of the reasons I purchased the Focus wagon. It's nice and roomy too. When "they" said it's fun to drive, "they" were not kidding. By the way, I'm 65 yrs old and having fun driving it. (and I can afford to drive anything I want and I chose the Focus).

Great for the young family
By DeeAnn on 04/25/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus wagon. It's great because it fits all our needs. We have one small child and 2 dogs. Everyone fits with room to spare. The Focus drives great, has some get up and go for a wagon. I've only had one small problem with my highbeams not going off but took it to the dealer and they fixed it in about 1 hour.

love my car
By Barbara on 04/25/05 09:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my little wagon for six months now, and just love it. It is a breeze to park, has a huge cargo area, gets 30 mpg highway and 22 mpg city. I am so glad I didn't waste my money and buy something twice as expensive. If you just want a simple car to haul a small family around and run errands, this is great. I downsized from a Taurus wagon and it is like losing 20 pounds.

Second Focus Wagon even better than first.
By Desert Dog on 04/06/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded an '02 Focus wagon that I logged 54,000 miles in three years with no repair problems. Liked it so well I bought another, this time an SES. The '05 is quieter, steers better, has plenty of pep climbing hills and mountains, and gets great gas mileage. I like the new dash layout. Would recommend to anyone who wants the most for their money.