Used 2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

So-so
By John Doe

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a bit disappointed at its performance and fuel economy. I have a full-size sedan which is thriftier and performs much better. The fit and finish inside is much better than outside, where panels don't line up neatly and some stamped parts are not even. The paint is good though. Although the steering wheel provides telescoping besides tilting, it should telescope farther. At 6'5", I find the feet position uncomfortable. Yet, it's got a hard-to-beat price.

6-disc, in-dash CD player. Practical CD tray. Front and aft leg and head room.

More power. Better mileage. Better exterior fitting. Standard ABS and side air-bags.

Focus plus
By Bleke

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great for starter car for students. Carries 5 people (good for carpooling) and has plenty of room for equipment if your child plays sports.

Hatchback, fuel economy, safety features.

Better sound system, navigation option, built in phone option.

Fun to drive little car.
By Jason O'Neal

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went from a '03 ZTS to an '05 ZX5 SES And I love it! This car feels so much more powerful than the '03. Very roomy with a number of options (like a moon roof, heated leather seats, a 500 watt Sony stereo ext.) The ride is very smooth and it drives like a dream. I'm still getting used to the new styling inside and out, but I love this car. Just wish the the 2.3's were a option on all models, not just the ST's A very good small car.

Ride and handling.

Would be a great car if the lower models had more power.

My Yellow Focus
By djroeder

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is a looker! I have a bright yellow Focus and I have people of all ages looking at it. I love to drive it as it is a fun car to drive. It stays on the road well and handles curves well. I drive on the highway most of the time and it holds its own there also. If I was going to complain about something it would be the paint job. I don't think it holds up well; it scratches easily. Also, I have had to have 3 lug nut covers replaced as they fall off after having the tires rotated. I would also like just an inch or two more room in the back seat leg area.

My favorite features would be the sun roof, the steering, the CD player and its style.

Paint needs an upgrade as it scratches easily and the lug nut covers need to be improved. It would also be nice to have two cigarette lighters to be used with different electronics (cell phones, ipods, DVD players, etc.),

Focus ZX3 For Me!
By Debbie

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's the most reliable US made car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive, handles well and is great even in snow. My next car will also be a Focus. Can't beat the gas mileage with the gas prices today. And it is practically maintenance free.

Fun to drive, handles well, great gas mileage, maintenance free.

Make a little more leg room in the back, make the cup holders a little more stable for taller cups.