2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
ZX5 SES
By Dawn on 03/18/05 19:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ZX5 is fun to drive, great gas mileage. Great for merging into traffic, it has get up and go....better than the Mustang I test drove!!

Really nice car for the money
By Mike on 03/04/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a nice inexpensive car to replace my old '91 saab 900s. I wanted similar features that I had; heated seats, CD, heated mirrors, good mileage , and adequate power. This car delivers in all areas and more. The price was $14,700 after rebates. I got used to the car immediately, more comfortable, more power, better mileage and emissions , better handling, more room, more everything, than my old Saab. Very pleased with the car. Fun to drive! Best car for the money in my opinion. Considered Honda , Nissan, Toyota but none could match feature for price. Better warranty also with Ford.

The real mileage is 18.7 mpg, not 26 mpg!
By Wenguang Wang on 02/07/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new '05 Focus in Nov. 2004. The performance and comfort are good. However, the claimed city driving of 26 is a dream. I constantly get 17-19 mpg for city driving. I don't use air conditioning, don't press the gas hard, nor brake hard. I don't drive with windows open. I don't drive with lights on in daytime. However, I can never get higher mileage. If I had known it uses this much gas, I would not buy it at all.

I'm very happy with my Focus ZX5 SES!!
By W.Lindquist on 11/14/04 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really nice small car. Four adults can be carried comfortably with plenty of room in the hatch. It has a rather tight "European" type suspension that handles great with the 16" Pirelli tires. Just a bit harsh on chuckholes, but a very good ride most of the time. Gas mileage has been as predicted on the window sticker at 26 city/ automatic. Since our temperature averages about 40 degrees (F) in November the milage has lowered to more like 22 or 24 city. Still very good! Lots of power and pick up. A joy to drive. The 6 disc CD player is of better than average quality. My Alpine in the other car outperforms it, but not by that much.

the
By chasephotos on 11/13/04 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

from my first shift in this car I have disliked the clutch (alot).This car is not ment for any serious preformance driving but is fun to drive around town.The gas mileage has not been what was listed on the sticker or what I had hoped for.I do receive lots of compliments on the new styling (compared to the old focus) and the front/center mounted antena is very "euro".Should have bought a Honda but i have never seen a civc rally car!

My Awesome Focus
By kpinho on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am so happy I bought this car. It handles so well and feels like you're riding on air. Whie I was skeptical about having leather seats, I was plesantly surprised to find they are so soft and comfortable. I wish someone would pay me to just drive my Focus all day, then I'd be even happier! Everyone should get this amazing automobile!!!

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES
By ALJOKY on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very powerful, light, balance and the most comfortable seat to drive long distance.