2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice littler car
By Nice little car on 09/13/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a few little tweeks I can get About 38-40 mpg on the highway at around 65-75Mph. It's not the fastest car but It's absoulutely the best car for fuel economy and reliability. I put over 33,000 miles on it in 24 months, and it still run great. Road noise is a problem but $350 or less if you do it yourself will fix the problem (Road noise foam or strips).

Fun basic transportation
By Jim Schaffer on 07/30/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've waited two years to write this review because often times first impressions are not accurate. But in this case they would have been because I'm as happy with the car now as I was when I first drove it off the lot. The 2.0 motor has lots of pep. The suspension has you thinking your driving something thousands of dollars more than what you paid for it. The fuel mileage is excellent (35 mpg on the interstate). The interior and exterior design is contemporary and very apealling (in my opinion anyway). Overall, an excellent little car!

Love to drive
By Janice on 04/18/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Ford Explorer and with the gas prices going up I wanted something that was better on gas and also something smaller. At first I was not sure about the leg room in the back for 2 teenage girls but turns out it has plenty of room for them. I love the way it handles. I love to drive it. My girls are learning how to drive and we disagree on who gets to drive.

I HATE this car
By Ranita on 01/18/06 00:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 7 months now and I have had so many problems with this vehicle. There's no power locks and the brake are already bad. This was my first car so I REALLY had no idea what I was getting in to.

2005 Focus ZX4
By j black on 12/20/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We are very pleased with our 05 Focus ZX4. We also have an 02 Focus Se wagon which we are also very pleased with. The 05 does get 5 to 7 mpg better. The torque curve has been noticeably improved, especially at passing speeds. The stall ratio of the transmission has also been changed. The engine feels very strong when starting from a dead stop.

Excellent, best car I ever had or drove
By Laurie, Surprise on 06/28/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus drives like a dream come true. I don't have to worry about whether my kids are safe in it, because of all the safety features that have been implemented. It was very easy to get the car seat in, and I love the fact that it is soo efficient on the gasoline that it won't land me in the poor house either. I would not let anyone talk me into selling it. This is the best car buy I ever made. It is also the best car I drove.

Love my "Cloud 9" Focus!
By CB on 06/21/05 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a former Ford Owner ('94 Escort). At first I was anxious to try a sedan again after driving a pickup for 5 years. From the first test drive of my Focus I fell in love with this roomier than expected interior. Being that I am in a warmer southern climate and running the air often, there still is good fuel economy which greatly surpassed my 2000 Mazda truck. Though the sound system is not Bose quality, it gives ample range with the CD that are comfortable for driving. Also like the hood placement giving a virtually total windshield view without obstruction.

Love my Focus!
By lori on 06/06/05 19:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a Honda civic. When I got rid of that my husband brought me a Focus from the dealership he worked at. I drove it the first time and realized what better pick up it has and better get up and go for going up hills. The Honda seemed to struggle with hills but not my Focus! More comfortable for my long legs. Being 6 foot tall, it's hard to find a comfortable car. The Focus fits me well with room behind me for somebody to sit.

Focus 2005
By Liz Glascom on 05/26/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Ford Focus after getting into a horrible car accident, in another Ford Focus. I would have been seriously injured if I was not in a Focus. My 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 has helped me continue to feel safe. My only problem with the vehicle was my transmission. About 11,000 miles later, my transmission blew. With my warranty I was able to get a brand new one. I am pleased with my Focus.

Fantastic economical ride
By Melissa on 05/24/05 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For a compact car, the Focus Sedan has an extremely roomy interior. The backseat easily fits one car seat and two adults with no loss of "oomph" from the engine. Throw in miles of trunk space for a stroller or two and you have a great economy family car.