2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
new owner
By igor on 08/13/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought 2 wks ago. have 700 miles on it. so far all good, without complaints. Best things: HATCHBACK without the blingbling: I would be in Mazda3 5door, but I don;t need the engine and ppearance package. Ford got it right with offering the 3door as a cheaper alternative. Sedans are impractical, and I don't need a wagon.. OPTIONS: I put almost everythign on the car, and it feels like a much more expensive car. ENGINE: while sometimes I miss the v8 I got rid off, the engine is decent enough for every situation FUN: the car loves to be pused a little. loves curves and sharper driving (refreshing after expedition). Quality... way beond anything GM, without the extra premium of japanese beand.

excellent car for a low price
By Mike Webb on 07/25/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As far as I'm concerned...I think that Ford has a excellent car in the Focus. It has a lot of pep, and gets good gas mileage. I've done two tests so far and have reached 32 mpg on average. Thats about 70% stop and go 30% highway. You can pay 3-6K more for a Honda or Toyota ... but what you are really paying for is the history that it's reliable. I'd take the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty then my chances afterwards...and pocket the $6,000.

Outstanding small car.
By Ted on 06/03/05 18:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great all around carl good driver vision in all directions. The automatic is spot on. Gas mileage averages 30 mpg. Easy to park. Changed the tires to Pirelli Nero Zero's. Now it is a better ride with less tire noise. This car is a GREAT BARGAIN wiith the rebates and low financing rates. If something happened to this one, I would purchase another.

Affordable Ford Fun
By Darrell NUssbaum on 04/30/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My SES is nicely equipped; it has just about all the options you can order. It handles like a jungle cat on a chase. I'm very inpressed with the quality and comfort this auto presents. The fit and finish is excellent. Whether you are driving or just admiring the ZX3 you feel the tingle of ownership. It is a fine Detroit piece of workmanship with a look of things to come down the road. It is fun driving that is affordable with many creature comforts.

Dependable
By MB on 03/19/05 07:09 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a big car in a small car body. The inside is roomy and comfortable. It handles the roads nicely, has great pick-up and doesn't drive like a typical 4 cylinder. Plows through the snow just as good as a SUV without the low gas mileage. It's a great bang for the buck car; I bought a loaded Focus for $18,000.

Great deal, but rife with rust!
By Krakenbound on 02/12/05 00:40 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, this car can't be beat, if you value the same things I value, which are 5 speed performance, hatch back functionality, clean and modern interior, low maintenance, and reasonable gas mileage. The 5 speed is very quick. The handling is very good. The tires stick well, work great in the rain, and aren't too noisy. The interior has clean lines, functional controls, and good shades of grey. The seats are well designed, firm, and very comfortable for my 5'10", 240lb body. (my 5'2", 110lb girlfriend likes them too!)

So much fun
By Sarah on 01/15/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first car I owned was the 2002 Focus. it was a great car but I traded it in for my '05. An even better car. It has a smooth quiet ride. Wonderful pick up and no matter where I am driving I always seem to get looked at and comments about my car's charcter and style. I wouldnt trade it in for the world.

Wonderful car
By mattjs on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had totaled my 2000 Elantra, and wanted something different. This car has it all. 3 door hatch is very cool looking. It drives like a dream. 5 speed is easy to use every day. great, supportive seats, quiet. and dont even get my started on the 500 watt Sony sound system. Personally, i think its the best stock stereo i have heard. blazing copper metallic paint (orange) and 3 door hatch looks like nothing on the road.

Good bang for the bucks
By ThePassenger on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Focus couple weeks ago. I was debating between Sentra SE-R or ZX3. Although SE-R has more power I liked the ZX3 styling more. I was very suprised how responsive Focus was. 2005 version has few more horses under the hood compared to the previous years. I only have few hundred miles so far, but so far so good.

I Still Can't Believe It
By ChaddyMoff on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500+ miles a week in my commute. I got rid of my Neon a few years back because I was sick of being crammed into an econobox. Now with 170,000 on my Intrepid ES, I decided to head back down tin can alley. I found a refined, extreeeemely impressive economy car. This car has got options that would not be available on other economy cars in its class. The 6-disc, in dash, with auto-sound quieting, steering wheel stereo and cruise controls -- I am becoming more convinced daily that this thing can't be beat for the money. I got my SES in the Blazing Copper. It gets looks and comments everywhere I go.