2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus SVT 2 door
By Jennifer on 05/24/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car because it's fast, cute, and is a 6 speed! The only complaint I have is the gas mileage; not good. I get 90 miles each quarter of a tank city, and about 95 each quarter of a tank highway. Other than that it's an awesome car.

Sports car feel/economy price
By Flash on 05/24/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 5-speed manual transmission gives this car a muscle car-like acceleration. It's the most fun-to-drive car I've owned since my '79 Turbo Mustang was new. It actually has a quicker feel than that Mustang had. Handling is superb. The car easily accomodates my 6 ft 1 in 280 lb body. My 6'3" son is a frequent back seat rider and he never complains about the space he has. The hatchback easily holds my cart golf bag, and it would easily hold two smaller bags. Mileage is great. I'm getting 29-31 average around town, doing a mix of 70mph freeway driving and stop and go in-town driving. I have a stripped version. My only complaint is that the manual windows feel like they operate backwards.

MY FORD FOCUS
By ROBERT J BAUM on 05/22/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. That's how much I like this car. My first was a 2001 manual transmission. Now I have an automatic transmission with so many extras I feel like I own a Ford Town Car. I weigh in at around 278 pounds at 5 foot eight inches tall and I never have felt crowded in it. The pick up when entering traffic is swift. The comfort when driving is as if I’m in my home recliner. Parking is almost as easy as my 1991 Ford Festiva was. When I fill up my gas tank at today’s prices I’m sure glad I own my Focus and I can go mile after mile not worrying about my next fill up. The ease of handling in traffic and winter driving is worry free. I'm a Ford retiree and I will buy another Focus!

Fun Little Car
By Paul on 05/22/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been fun to drive for our whole family. I bought it for my son as a starter vehicle but all of us enjoy driving it. The price was $12,000 including tax, title and license. It gets over 30 miles to the gallon and has quite a lot of pep for a 4 cylinder vehicle. For the money, I haven't been able to find anything close to it in performance.

GREAT Commuter
By bisquick on 04/18/05 02:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for $8900 with Ford rebate. I was to use it as a commuter, expecting it to be a weak performer. The steering, brakes and ease of driving is great! Considering my other car was a 500hp monster with modified everything! While not as fun, its still very fun and reliable while getting 29-37mpg, wisper quiet interior, great AC, super stereo and its a PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle) for the green people. I like it a lot!

Fun and quiet
By jereme on 03/30/05 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely quiet car, sporty, quick shifting, and comfortable. I was in dire need of a car after my previous one failed ('73 Beetle). This was not my first choice, as I am still not a fan of the looks. But price and warranty definitely pushed the choice for me.

my focus
By wltdll2 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

reliable, fair gas mileage, rear carpet is poorly installed. Very goo handling.

Poor
By Jeff Moses on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it mom and dad got it for me they bought it saterday night at 9 pm i drove it for 2 hours the next morring i washed it and drove it down the street and the clutch went out on my they will not alow us to get a nother on it only had 144 miles and we had it less then 12 hours and had to get it tow and they are fixxing it for free but this is the only one this happen to and the first one they are fixing should i be worred email hellfire3929@msn.com

1 of the best 10 cars
By Yas305 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a realy fun car to drive its reliable, has a beautiful style.

Great value.
By Joseph Bergevin on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the 2005 ZX3, having previously bought a 99' ZX2, and I'm impressed with the refinement. I really liked my ZX2 (still do, actually), so I was surprised how much more advanced the Focus felt when I got behind the wheel. It rides smoothly, quietly, and relatively sprightly. You sit much higher. The steering wheel feels and looks nice and the stick feels much more "short throw" and precise. The clutch is effortless. It's easily the nicest car I've owned, out of 4 used and 2 new cars. It's roomy. It's solid. Above all, it's very reasonably priced. Ford is finally meeting the Japanese in quality, and (slightly) beating them in price. Kudos!