Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great college car
By no noburt

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Im in college. I was gifted this car. It was the bare bones model. It had an engine and tranny with the stock radio. The manual windows and locks were annoying but they worked. I replaced the radio and drove from 88K to 120K until i was rear ended and totaled. It gave me 0 mechanical problems. It ran and had A/C. It was great. It looked like shit(due to previous owner) but it got me everywhere with no problems. It was loud when going 80 on the turnpike but I didnt care. I had a radio to listen to. My passengers dealt with the the rear seats so I cant vouch for them. Comfortable, fun, great steering, great brakes, good mpg, good on tires.

Would buy again

Versitile Economy.
By Devon Nelson

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 05 ZX5 back in 2013 with 76k on the clock, it now has 93k and nothing major has gone wrong.The worst problem being the driver side rear door lock going out, I bought a used part and replaced it myself. I wish the fuel economy was better I seem to get 28mpg max but other then that the hatch has allowed me to haul big items and 4 doors make passengers getting in easier. My friend got a brand new Fiesta ST and its a pain to get in and out of and the car feels downright claustrophobic despite being a great deal faster. The Focus is a great used car bargain.

My first car
By Taylor

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car that I paid for myself. I bought it used for $7,000 at 120,000 miles. It was previously owned by the son of the car dealership owner so it's basically still in brand new condition. I've now had it for 3 years. I've had to replace the alternator and battery and a part for the fan vents. It sticks and the cheap plastic piece broke so I couldn't use defrost because it was stuck on front vents. The interior is pretty much 100% cheap plastic and everything rattles and makes quite a bit of noise when driving, however, the car has never NOT gotten me where I need to go. On top of that, I love the fact that it has 5 cup holders. I also had the chance to test drive one of the newer Focus models back when I bought this car 3 years ago and noticed that the visibility in the 2005 was actually better in my opinion.

One Year In and Very Satisfied
By fcaruso213

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus in February 2014 with 66,000 miles on it. So far, I haven't had any issues with this vehicle at all. I am a rather large individual and I'm very comfortable in this car. The interior is very spacious and the Focus fits 4 comfortably. So far, I have only had to perform routine maintenance on this car. The gas mileage averages around 32 mpg and is an excellent choice for a daily commute.

Super cold air conditioning Radio with CD changer has excellent sound for a factory radio Tilt and telescoping steering

Front cup holders are in an awkward position

Satisfied Ford Owner
By riraho

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in December 2007 at approx. 32k miles and traded it in today at 72k miles.
I found this car to be very reliable for the 7 years I had it.
I had no major repairs performed over that time, only small wear and tear repairs.

The car is small and compact, making it easy to move around and park. It got mid-standard gas mileage. It ran smooth and did not rattle at higher speeds. The best feature is the reliability. I always felt it would hold up and could get me from A to Z and never worried about it.

It's no Benz, so it only came with standard furnishings. No GPS, MP3, or other niceties. The CD did stop working--there's a CD stuck in there that I'll never get back.