2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
One Fun Focus!
By Maree on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Summing it up in a nutshell. Dont consider the purchase of any other vehicle until you have at least driven a Focus one time. It is one of the most fun and most reliable vehicles at an affordable price on the road today! Happy Driving!

good car
By mpstick on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle for the intention of my commuter car but i find myself driving it more often than my other vehicle because its roomy,fun to drive and comfortable.Stereo sounds really well,features are easy to use.trunk is large enough and it just looks good!

So not dissappointed
By BIG KIRK on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded out of a full size SUV, and was doubtful that I would be content with a compact as a replacement. I love this little car!! There's plenty of uummmph under the hood, the ST's seats hug like nobodys business and the list of standard features is the best for the money. So far I havent had any problems with the car, but I would encourage others to opt for the upgraded stereo system.

We'll See!
By focus1 on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my '05 Focus last month and so far I've been pretty happy with it. However, there were three defects that have been corrected. They forgot to install one of the bolts that holds the rear wheel well guard in place. Paint defect on the hood and the passenger mirror molding came loose. Local dealer fixed them all. Must have been built on a Fiday or Monday! Overall this little car is very good. The idependant rear suspension is nice as is the handling and responsiveness. The driver seat feels like it wraps around you. Traded in my '03 Corolla for it. The Corolla is jerky on the road and hurts your rear after a long trip. I hope the Focus can stay par with reliability.

My First Car
By american_ford on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car ans so far it is cool and fun to drive.

Great everyday car
By wizardsv650s on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Although the styling of the Mazda 3 seems more desireable, the slew of standard features for the price puts the Focus over the top. The new redesigned body and interior is much better than previous years. The seats are more comfortable and the exterior is much more sporty. For a four door car with room, fuel economy, power, and all year round driveablilty this is the best dollar for dollar value I can find.

Great Car
By Pauld75 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car as soon as I saw it I fell in love with I get great gas mileage I love the way the car handels on rough road.

Great bang for the buck
By scavio on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I definitely didn't imagine two weeks ago that I'd walk away with a car for less than $15k (after rebates and discounts) as great as the Focus has been thus far. It's comfortable, has many of the options that I wouldn't have expected in a "economy" car, and most importantly doesn't feel cheap. I bought this as a commute/winter car because my Camaro wasn't cutting it, and thus far the Camaro has sat parked while I have enjoyed driving this car.

Fun and peppy!
By chicagojudy on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Hugs the road nicely. Makes great tight turns. Quiet engine. Almost soundproof when windows are up. A great value for the money!

Great alternative to Jap Econ Cars
By Nils L on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased this car, I was coming from a foreign economy car, and I was impressed right away at how solid this car felt, and how quiet the ride was. I was impressed on the handling of the car, the only complaint I really would have is that the base 2.0L engine could have a little bit more zip to it, but it's still a very fun car to drive.