2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
NO BELLS AND WHISTLES
By IRONCLAD68 on 11/24/04 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

PLAIN BUT VERY FUNCTIONAL.FUN TO DRIVE,TIGHT TURNING RADIUS,QUIET AND ROOMY INTERIOR.REASONABLY COMFORTABLE INTERIOR.IT HANDLES WELL ON CURVES AND HAS A PRETTY SMOOTH RIDE.SOUND SYSTEM IS NICE AND IT HAS A SPACIOUS TRUNK FOR ITS SIZE

Fantastic
By halogoggles on 11/09/04 15:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car about 3 weeks ago. I spent waaaaaaay too much time researching cars. I was between an '04 Civic, a used Ranger, and an '05 Focus. This car is my first car and it's perfect. It drives wonderful, gets great mileage, and looks nice and I love Ford. The bang for your buck on this car is fantastic. I ended up getting this for just a tad more than a powerless Hyundai Accent I test drove. (If you are REALLY on a budget and don't mind not having anything under the hood, I guess I could suggest that). Overall, I love the car and so far, it's done everything I've wanted it to do and with regular maintenance, I expect the same.

Nice Car For the Money
By BLFLOTX on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked mine up after test driving a few cars. It's nice for the money as all of the desirable options are built into it. Nice engine and good handling - but it's still a small economical car that has been tweaked to be something that it may not be. I do like the looks and throaty sound of the engine. Interior is very nice looking. Stereo with steering wheel controls are nice. AC cools quickly. Still has some of the cheap "Fordisms", but with all the options, a better deal than a Jetta...So I got it.

It's a Fun Car w/ tons of extra Gear!
By Clay Brooks on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my new Focus. At first when my friends ask me, " Man what did you get." I replyed sheepishly FOCUS. But once they drove it or even caught a glimpse of all the gear it came with like the power sun roof and 6 mp3 in dash player, Everyone has agreed this was a smart purchase.

Many comparisons later...
By Jodyimnew on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched on the internet and then set out to drive the top 4 (Corolla, Civic, Mazda3, and Focus). After some unpleasant experiences with my 2000 Focus I really didn't expect to buy another Ford. I could not believe the improvements in the 2005! It was much more comfortable and fun to drive than any of the others. The power is great, mileage over 30mpg, looks good, and the price with all the "standard" options beat the others- hands down! Love to drive (and my friends love to ride) in my sporty new Focus!

REALLY NEAT CAR!
By vwjimski on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

PRETTY GOOD VALUE, CONSIDERING PRICE PAID! GAS MILEAGE WAS IMPORTANT ITEM CONSIDERED. SIZE OF CAR IS SUPRISING,INT ROOM IS LARGE FOR CAR RATED A SUBCOMPACT! EASY TO REACH CONTROLS A PLUS. RIDE IS VERY GOOD, VERY QUIET INSIDE. WIFE WILL USE THIS FOCUS...HER CAR! BOUGHT FOR AROUND TOWN DRIVING.MY WIFE HADE A 1998 FORD CONTOUR V6 AUTO,AND WE HAD REAL GOOD SERVICE OUT OF IT, SO IM LOOKING FOR MORE OF THE SAME WITH THIS FOCUS! BASED ON PAST FORDS WE HAVE OWNED, I THINK WE'LL BE JUST FINE !BUT...WHOEVER READS THIS...IF YOU DONT MAINTAIN THE VEHICLE PROPERLY,YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT! IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A DECENT RIDE, CHECK THIS ONE OUT...BEFORE YOU LOOK AT A FOREIGN MODEL!

Focus Fun
By pbman on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As much fun to drive as my miata, less noise, more comfortable. Reminds me of my 80 BMW 320 in it's handling and performance. Fold down seats accomidated a full size futon frame and mattress. Great car for the price especially after rebates.

The Amazing Focus...La Blue
By Kathy Kearney on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My expierence with my 2005 Ford Focus has been very new, fun and exciting. It has no play in the steering wheel and turns on a dime. It rides like a big car because it has 16" tires and seems sound proof from the road noises.I still can't believe it is a small car as it constantly rides and handles almost like the Mercury Marquis that I traded in.I have only had it a couple of months but the enjoyment of not visiting the gas station frequently has been great.The 4 cylinder engine seems like an 6 or 8 cylinder as it has incredible spunk and pick up when you need to pass or you are on the thruway. It is my first new car. and It was fairly priced and it truly is an amazing focus.

Easy Transition
By courtdug on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a Ford Escort and was reluctant on going to the Focus. The transition has been wonderful! I love the way the car handles, it's very quiet, I love the speedvolume and the size of the car. It's spacious and comfortable!

Next car after Ford ZX2
By handiestman on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2000 year old ZX2 was still good, but I thought now was a good time to get a new car. I think this 2005 is a much better vehicle with a lot more space.There is so much more space and this trunk gives good space. Also, we have a moonroof(sunroof) and it works quite well. We really are enjoying this car!