2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my Focus Wagon!
By BJZotter on 02/19/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since the first time I saw the Ford Focus wagon, I knew that would be the next new car I would want. We are both Ford people all the way and I would not choose another make for a new car. I absolutely love my wagon, it looks great, drives great, I get about 30 mpg and I feel so safe and secure when I am in it. My husband likes driving it so much (when I let him) that he will probably get one as well. It's truly a great car!

Test drive this car last...then buy it!
By VIP on 02/16/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove many many cars before pruchasing this car. I test drove a Saab 9-3, Acura RSX, VW Jetta and GTI, and nothing came close in "bang for the buck"! In fact, this car is so nice that Ford should have renamed it something else. I have had many friends of mine wince at my stating "I bought a Focus." Then they get in it and have been amazed. Solid car, great acceleration, great new looks and a great price! I got my Focus ST with side air bags. leather heated seats, Sony Audiophile 6 disc CD/MP3 sound system, moonroof and many other options for way less than $20K! Plus, with the new 2.3L "Mazda" engine with 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance I know I'll be OK.

Great basic car
By MartinD on 02/15/05 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Focus 4dr SE had no problems during its 53,000 miles. When the lease was up, I purchased the 2005 SES 4 door. This is a great basic car with good handling, good acceleration, and suprisingly comfortable on a long trip. I would rather own a Vette, but I need the Focus and it is a great value.

Great all around car
By Jeremy on 02/04/05 15:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For many years I have been a staunch supporter of import cars. My last car was a Honda Civic and was not the automotive icon everyone depicts it to be. Ford still has some ground cover on the little things, but for the real world, you can't go wrong with the Focus. It rides better, has more power, better visibility, and better factory support than any import out there! Especially Honda.

great car
By ericrad on 01/01/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Extremely fun, very solid, excellent value

Hard to Shift Focus
By Bob M. on 12/29/04 10:27 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 5 speed which is almost impossible to shift since the engine RPMs don't come down following acceleration in each gear. I bring it up to 3000 in first and it just stays there. Ford and my dealer both say "that's life". I hate this car, wish I had never bought it. It has a 6CD stereo which will not load the CDs. Bob

2005 Ford Focus ZX4
By Bryan on 12/21/04 03:45 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks great inside and out. It drives well and has very nice and quick acceleration. So far, country and city, I am not experiencing the fuel mileage on the sticker. Overall, I love my new Focus.

Worth a look!
By Kone on 12/16/04 14:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus is a daily commuter over highway and suburban roads so I'm in it a lot. The car has good extras, good pep, handles fine, has been reliable so far, and was reasonable to get into. I'd even go so far to say that it's fun to drive. Make sure you include it on your shopping list.

MUCH IMPROVED
By durability05 on 12/15/04 00:54 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Previously owned a 2000 Focus LX, until I moved up to SUV's, still own 04 wrangler and 04 Pilot EX. I use this Focus as a commuter car, and it is not only cheaper than my 2000 Focus. It cost me only $12,000. It is much improved, especially in power ,auto transmission, handling and braking. And it still retains its exclusive Euro traits, excellent car!

My '05 Focus Rocks!!!!!
By sjillybean on 12/07/04 00:49 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2005 Ford Focus door hatchback zx3 and I love it, I traded in my 2000 focus and made the greatest decision ever.