Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus ZX4 SE
By All4Godjl

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car wasn't even what my wife and I were originally looking for. However when we saw the gas mileage, exterior style, and heard about the safety features we decided to buy it. I was hesitant about buying a Ford, however we have put 28000 miles on it in one year and drove from CA to TX. The car is still doing good. It's got a few down sides but over all it's a 9 out of 10.

Favorite Features

GAS MILEAGE IS AWESOME. The steering and safety are also great benefits of the car and it definitely has a great stock stereo system. It also has a lot of room for such a small looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Some parts are starting to "rattle" a little bit (the sunglass holder and the center arm rest lid). As said earlier it's not the most comfortable on long trips. The brakes squeak a little bit and I need to get the ABS checked because the front left tire locked up on the road after it rained.

Used Focus
By Joanne Johnson

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car used with 22,000 miles 03/28/05. Have driven 12,000 miles, no problems. Great on gas. Heat comes off engine without heater on when turned to heat. Fast and efficient car with style.

Favorite Features

Like style of car and ease of controls.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Good buy for the money
By Donna

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in February of 2005, when the car I was driving at the time suddenly dropped dead. I'm a little upset that I didn't get in on the "family deal" & get a few thousand dollars off of the car. But I had no choice. I needed a car. I went to the dealership and pretty much looked for the cheapest cars they had. I was very surprised at what I got for my money. Actually a great little car. Great sound system, very fast pickup, pretty good gas mileage (except when you run the air conditioner -- it sucks up the gas). Huge trunk, back seats fold down. Had to talk the salesman into giving me an ashtray out of another car.

Favorite Features

Fast pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Ashtray should be standard. Ride could be a little bit smoother.

Good bang for the buck
By gearhed79

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, as I've only put 3500 miles on it -- surprisingly roomy for such a small car. Lots of features available at a good price. Fuel economy is good even with "spirited" driving.

Favorite Features

Room, sunroof, good stock stereo (plays mp3s).

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic interior will be a rattle trap at high miles.

2005 ST
By Dale

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my ST for a couple of months now and it's a real blast to drive. My wife got the basic model and I got the ST and I'd recommend the ST for it has a much tighter feel for the road. (and a bit quicker). I haven't had a 5 speed in yrs and I forgot how much fun they are while getting better gas mileage also. The heated leather seats are a real plus and the stereo really cranks!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, real nice factory stereo, heated seats/mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Locking glove box.