2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fun & great to drive
By Jeremy Dillon on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing I don't like is it stays in high idle between shifts. Like the speed controler doesn't work to idle the motor down. Other than this the car is GREAT..

The PERFECT first car
By Julz on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful first car! It was actually purchased in '03, and I've just now had my first glitches. Which were still covered under the warranty and promtly fixed!

Poor
By Jeff Moses on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it mom and dad got it for me they bought it saterday night at 9 pm i drove it for 2 hours the next morring i washed it and drove it down the street and the clutch went out on my they will not alow us to get a nother on it only had 144 miles and we had it less then 12 hours and had to get it tow and they are fixxing it for free but this is the only one this happen to and the first one they are fixing should i be worred email hellfire3929@msn.com

Good bang for the bucks
By ThePassenger on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Focus couple weeks ago. I was debating between Sentra SE-R or ZX3. Although SE-R has more power I liked the ZX3 styling more. I was very suprised how responsive Focus was. 2005 version has few more horses under the hood compared to the previous years. I only have few hundred miles so far, but so far so good.

1 of the best 10 cars
By Yas305 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a realy fun car to drive its reliable, has a beautiful style.

Love my focus!!!!
By lucyjo on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd focus, went from a Ferrari (divorce), to a Tracker, damaged by a "Hummer"... to my "FOCUS"...leased the 1st one, bought the 2nd one loved it so much!! GREAT CAR!!! 5** "GET ONE"!!! :)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES
By ALJOKY on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very powerful, light, balance and the most comfortable seat to drive long distance.

Great value.
By Joseph Bergevin on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the 2005 ZX3, having previously bought a 99' ZX2, and I'm impressed with the refinement. I really liked my ZX2 (still do, actually), so I was surprised how much more advanced the Focus felt when I got behind the wheel. It rides smoothly, quietly, and relatively sprightly. You sit much higher. The steering wheel feels and looks nice and the stick feels much more "short throw" and precise. The clutch is effortless. It's easily the nicest car I've owned, out of 4 used and 2 new cars. It's roomy. It's solid. Above all, it's very reasonably priced. Ford is finally meeting the Japanese in quality, and (slightly) beating them in price. Kudos!

I Still Can't Believe It
By ChaddyMoff on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500+ miles a week in my commute. I got rid of my Neon a few years back because I was sick of being crammed into an econobox. Now with 170,000 on my Intrepid ES, I decided to head back down tin can alley. I found a refined, extreeeemely impressive economy car. This car has got options that would not be available on other economy cars in its class. The 6-disc, in dash, with auto-sound quieting, steering wheel stereo and cruise controls -- I am becoming more convinced daily that this thing can't be beat for the money. I got my SES in the Blazing Copper. It gets looks and comments everywhere I go.

In Focus
By roni12353@aol.com on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car runs great and is good on gas. The styling is sharp and the interior is spacious.