2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Best car, Best price
By rob on 03/23/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle, everyone that drives it says it has a better ride than most $20,000 cars. And it has a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty! I shopped A LOT, no better deal!

Ford Focus 2005
By blan49 on 03/21/06 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ride is sporty and the road handling is very good. The car is practical in layout and function. Ford has been okay about service. The gas mileage is a flat out lie. City driving is about 21.5 mpg, no where near the 26 mpg claims. I believe fuel accuracy is important in selling an auto. They blow it on this point.

Nice package
By Phil Barbour on 03/09/06 07:20 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

FoMoCo has vastly improved their small car design over the years. My first one was purchased new in 1981 (Mercury Lynx). This Focus wagon is fully loaded with options. All work well. I do look forward to replacing the Goodyear tires that came on it, however (Never had much luck with this brand, especially in getting them perfectly balanced). More insulation would be a good idea. Although not really annoying, you are definitely made aware of the high winding DOHC 4 cylinder engine doing it's thing, especially during "brisk" acceleration. All the teething problems Focus had in it's first few years seem to have been addressed and taken care of. So far, so good.

Excellent Vehicle
By bDw on 02/18/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent vehicle. I LOVE it! It is very fuel efficient ... very good car for a teen because it is very safe. One of the safest cars of the newer model cars. Very good looking as well.

Good Buy
By Ford Rules on 02/10/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car in July of 2005. Great deal with incentives and finance rates. The Focus has a better suspension than my old Civic and you sit a lot higher. Very roomy inside and no problems with 10k on it. Getting about 26mpg in city and 32mpg highway.

Focus on fun
By martine4 on 01/28/06 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus ST experience has been a good one. The car is small, a virtue in my situation, handles very well, is very comfortable, and has all sorts of creature comforts one wouldn't expect at the price. I don't see many ads for this car ... Ford doesn't need to advertise it heavily because word of mouth from satisfied owners do the trick. I have had the car for ~9 months and have ~5900 miles on the car. It has never missed a beat! All features; cruise control, 6-disk CD player, skid control (in Iowa we occasionally need this sort of thing), 4-wheel disk brakes. Everything works. Heating, cooling ... no problems. It's reliable and I enjoy driving it.

ZX3 Pitch Black
By desm0derek on 01/18/06 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car after researching smaller models. Found it was designed by an esteemed designer. Looks are terrific and the finish is excellent as you would expect from a Euro designed car. Driving is a hoot and the performance is more than acceptable. I also managed to get 2 high back chairs in the large rear after folding the seats down. Economy is 30mpg at all speeds although if you use the power higher up it drops slightly -- 27ish. All in all I am very pleased with the car and actually chose this over the BMW 323 because of the price differential; the BMW didn't offer the extra edge to warrant the price. The Mazda 3, Nissan, Toyota and GM vehicles were a bit lacking in quality.

I HATE this car
By Ranita on 01/18/06 00:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 7 months now and I have had so many problems with this vehicle. There's no power locks and the brake are already bad. This was my first car so I REALLY had no idea what I was getting in to.

My 05 ZX3 Review
By mwp1 on 12/31/05 11:52 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car is the basic S model with air and 5- speed; I bought it as a daily commuter as I drive 120 miles a day for work. Runs well but has had transmission problems beginning at 50 miles, the shifter cable keeps falling off at the transmission, three times now, the dealer keeps "adjusting" the cables but I know that there is a design flaw with the plastic connector. Also the drivers seat frame broke requiring a new seat back to be installed.

Good All-round Value
By meginger on 12/30/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus ST is a good compromise on a sporty and fun to drive car with features, practicality and value. Visually it suggests performance, and it does perform well, but the high seating position and competent but long-throw shifter will disappoint if you are looking to maximize that aspect. There's a lot to like: power, torque, no-brainer heated leather seats, spacious, a lot of car for the money after incentives. On the minus side gas mileage could be better, highway noise could be lower, rear sight lines could be better, needs light for rear seats, upshift from 2nd to 3rd is notchy, all season tires poor in snow even with traction control, large trunk with small opening.