Used 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

One Year In and Very Satisfied
By fcaruso213

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus in February 2014 with 66,000 miles on it. So far, I haven't had any issues with this vehicle at all. I am a rather large individual and I'm very comfortable in this car. The interior is very spacious and the Focus fits 4 comfortably. So far, I have only had to perform routine maintenance on this car. The gas mileage averages around 32 mpg and is an excellent choice for a daily commute.

Super cold air conditioning Radio with CD changer has excellent sound for a factory radio Tilt and telescoping steering

Front cup holders are in an awkward position

Fifi
By djd7241

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I named her Fifi. It's short for Felicia Ford Focus. For a car that I am so often complimenting, she needed a name. Pushing 77000 miles and my only only problem EVER was an air bag light that came on and was fixed under warranty. I've gone through a couple sets of tires though. It's a respectable looking car but nothing exciting. It's a little louder than some other cars out there, but nothing unbearable. It's got some serious pep and corners amazingly. Took a 1200 mile trip this past may, cruise set at 90-95, A/C on full blast and pretty much everything I own in the back seat and trunk, I still got close to 29mpg. It may not seem great, but I was sure impressed. Great Auto Trans.

Map pocket holds a pharmacy (full size bottle of hand sanitizer, lotion, tums, excedrin, gift cards, bottle of water...all at the same time). Great power for a small car, speed compensated radio volume. Spoiler. A/C is ice cold. Reliability. Wipers do an extra sweep to catch the drip a few seconds after you use the washer fluid. Steering wheel audio controls. Winter-weather performance. Leather-wrapped steering wheel. Automatic Transmission.

Some interior bits are cheap and rattle a lot. Cabin noise is rather pronounced. Center Armrest is strange. Great to have but not the best or most stylish.

Meh
By Joey

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a Grand Prix GT (3.8 V6) I am getting the same mileage in the city as I am in the SLOWcus (~23 mpg city). Seems to be reliable though. Trunk unlock is a PITA. Lifetime air filter. Sporty kinda. Get blinker & steering wheel controls confused. Ceiling compartment (sunshades, garage door) blocks part of view from rear view mirror if your tall (6 ft).

Spoiler, Steering wheel controls, MP3 6 CD changer, Fog lights.

Bigger backseat, Smaller antenna, Driver's seat pouch on back of seat! The SLOWcus has nothing on a Pontiac Grand Prix is all I will say. I won't be back.

Not What We Hoped For
By Hackman

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When we purchased this Focus new, we were hoping to get a car that was fun to drive, great fuel economy, and reliability. Only one of those hopes has been realized. It is fun to drive, but it sure doesn't get the MPG's like most 4-cylinder cars. About 20-22 mpg city is all we can get. The replaceable parts like tires, brakes/rotors, and battery are definitely inferior. All had to be replaced within the first 3 years. And the cost of tires and brakes is outrageous since Ford has to different. Rotors=$75 each, when a comparable Chevy rotor is only $25. Now were getting a strut problem fixed after 43,000 miles. After this experience, we'd be hard pressed to buy another Ford.

Engine is peppy, sporty drive

Soften interior noise, better mileage, improve fit and finish of interior and exterior parts

Junk
By puskar49

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Less than a year after buying this car, the transmission died. It turns out there is a design flaw with the transmission. Way to go Ford. Regardless, the car is a piece of junk. The interior is cheap and cramped and rattles like the doors are lined with ball bearings.

None. We finally unloaded this car and there isn't a single thing about it I'm going to miss. I guess the gas mileage was ok.

Design a better car.