2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Richmond BC Focus
By wpgjet on 01/02/13 22:23 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2005 Focus in September 2005. 113,700 KMs later it is running fine. The CD player, however, is prone to failure. I have had SEVEN replacement CD players installed, under warranty. Also, the power door lock mechanism has had to be replaced twice, also under warranty. Otherwise, the car is reliable and fun to drive. No actual mechanical problems. As with any new car purchase, it is a good idea to buy the Extended Warranty, as the electronic gadgets are expensive to replace.

Great Car
By colorsendinink on 06/02/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My family bought this car new in 2004, and its given us very few problems since then. After making the mistake of buying a 1996 cavalier ( died after 4 months of driving with 78000 total miles)...me and my dad made a deal where i would make the down payment on his new car, and i would get his 2005 focus. best descion i've made. since 2004, we've only replaced the brakes once, which was last year, replaced sway links, and we had a minor electrical problem with the windows. the car works great in our buffalo winters, and currently has 150,000 miles and still drives great.

Great car
By Dbay on 08/17/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is actually my wife's car. She bought it nearly new and has done little maintenance and received so much more in return. Just replaced factory brakes at 90,000. No major repairs to date. Handles great in the snow and gets about 34-36 mpg. We love it.

Fuel pump trouble
By rurba546 on 08/14/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 40,000 miles. Drove it to 45,000 and found the factory battery needed to be replaced. It also started to die when it got below 1/4 tank. I replaced the fuel filter and that seemed to help, to be safe I kept it above 1/4 tank whenever possible. A month went by and the trouble returned stranding me half way through a 150 mile trip. Turns out the fuel pump was shot as I feared. Expensive repair due to the fact that the gas tank had to be removed to get to the fuel pump. I hope this is the last major repair for awhile. I like the car a lot otherwise so far. But, doesn't come close to my last car, a 1996 Chevy Cavalier that was awesome and gave me almost no trouble!

Comfortable car, fun to drive
By WOODVILLENURSE on 03/03/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car wrecked with no warranty with only 20,000 miles. Went to Alaska and back putting over 10,000 miles on it I was having trouble with it dying when I slowed down and sped up the time a bit, then the check engine light came on saying it was revved up too high. Slowed it back down, changed the brain, and every other part that has to do with smooth running, nothing helped. Now, it is skipping when I'm cruising about 50mph, I was told it might be the ignition coil, but changed them out and that wasn't the case. If anybody has any idea what the problem is, please let me know. I have thoroughly enjoyed this car and if I had it to do over again, I would buy it. It is fun to drive!

My Best car
By laurie on 01/26/10 16:57 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first new car I bought was the Focus, I owned a 2003 before going right back to updrade to the 2005.This car is very easy to handle, It was excellent in the snow,just do oil changes and maintain the car and it will last forever.Drove mine till 145,000 then traded it for another one with less miles.plenty of room for long trips,love the cup holders. all the pockets for stuff. This car handles snow like a charm. I honestlyAdont have anything to say bad about this type of car, its a great price and hold up very well. like i said change oil and tires and its a charm.I WAS NEVER LEFT STRANDED OR WITH OUT A CAR WHEN I DROVE A FOCUS,I KNOW IT STARTS NOW MATTER HOW COLD IT IS, LOVE THEM

It is almost a garbage.
By dianbo on 07/21/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2005 ford focus. The plastic material is so cheap that many small parts are broken in 3 years. Comparing to my wife's corolla, it is much higher gas consuming. Now the back door remote contral failed to lock, and need spend $300 dollars to fix it. I really regret I bought it.

my red focus
By Berenice on 03/09/09 06:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

when i first bought the car i was like its nice it looks cool its cheap , then i took it for a test drive it was a very smooth i liked it a lot

it is a nice car
By Memphisian on 09/25/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it to replace my old Ford Escort. Now my wife drives it and I drive it during weekends. Compared to my Ford Fusion, it is noisy. That is the only thing I can complain about. Man, this car is 4,000 dollar cheaper than Ford Fusion. Can they be the same? I own it for 3 years and only the CD player had problem and it was replaced by a brand new one without cost. Believe it? This car does not need to change air filter. The gas mileage is good, it is a great economic compact car.

Great car!
By Prash on 09/11/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car since it was exactly 14k. Corolla and Civic were more expensive and Sentra had worse mileage. I did not want another Accord because of the price. I have had this car for about 3 yrs now and now have 103k miles on it. I never changed the tires until one blew up at 102k, Jiffy Lube messed up my gas line due to a gas filter change and I had to get the entire gas line replaced. Other than changing oil, trans oil, coolant, tires, serpentine belt..no major problems. I would recommend this car to everyone. I drive 170 miles everyday and get about 33-36mpg. Why would I want a hybrid giving me 40k and costing me 24k?