2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
An Often Overlooked Performer
By Michael Mo on 05/17/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ST is really a hidden gem in the Focus family. With 151 hp it's not exactly a "hot hatch" like the SVT but it's no slouch either. It's very well designed; I'm six feet tall and I have enough head/leg room, more than in some mid size cars. The front buckets are very comfortable and five years on it's been a model of reliability. In heavy city driving mileage has been about 22, not too bad given the car never feels short on power above 3000 rpm. The dash is pretty cheap, the lack of rear headrests annoys and one can't call this a quiet car. Every time I drive something else though I always miss my Focus's driving position and driver connectivity. For me that's worth the ST's minor faults.

bad transmissions
By moses on 03/07/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 focus ZX4 2 years ago. i read the car-fax report and it was good. Then i started to notice certain problems such as: Tire wear quickly, alignment off for no reason, and now transmission and transaxle problem. Mind you, the warranty was up the 5th of march this year the tranny and or transaxle went out the 7th of march this year. Now the car will not roll backwards in neutral if you try to push it. The back wheel seem to be lock when trying to push it backward in neutral. There were no warning of this problem what so ever.I think that FORD should take responsibility for their product. I have now seen over 120 complaints about the same thing in the same car.

Great Car!
By indichick88 on 04/27/08 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

From buying this car 3 years ago, I've been very pleased. I've never had to take it in for servicing and it's never caused my any major problems. I love how roomy the interior is, and how the car is the perfect size, not too large, and not too small. I've also been able to go on one tank for 2 weeks! Perfect for students and people just looking for an affordable, reliable car. No complaints!

2005 Ford Focus ST
By Shelton on 02/12/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Outside of a water leak and a bad customer service from the dealer at purchase time, spent first 40 of 60 days in their shop trying to fix the water leak, the car has been extremely dependable and excellent to drive on the highway. Very nimble around town, not too many turns this car can not navigate with ease. Not a headturner, but brings some sleepish performance to the table.

2005 ZX4 ST
By Felipe on 01/14/08 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought this vehicle for my wife and I have now been driving it since we bought an SUV. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with this vehicle.

Very peppy car
By Slimm on 05/19/07 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have no regrets of buying this car since day one. It has a great amount of power for such a little car. I love everything about this car. I would recommend the Focus ST to anyone that still needs a sedan but also wants a little power

Bang for the buck competence
By BasiliskSt on 01/03/07 19:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus ST (mine is a 2005, but the 2006-2007 are essentially identical) is an affordable driver's car. It delivers a surprisingly good blend of driving prowess and economy. The ST features a 2.3 liter fuel-injected four cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission. This combination is extremely flexible, offering plenty of torque at lower rpms. The handling and steering are class leading, beating much more expensive cars. The car offers power on demand and economy. My Focus ST delivers 38 mpg at 55-60 mph, 30-32 mpg at freeway speeds of 70-75 mph, and 26-28 mpg in city, mixed driving. All good, but not class leading. The Focus's balance is skewed towards sport.

I wish I had bought one too!
By mboulis on 06/25/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband has been a diehard Ford Escort fan for years. He drives 135 miles to work each day and his 1997 Escort (288,000 miles) finally started to give out. He had been extremely reluctant to get a Focus but decided to test drive two of them on the way home from work. He was completely impressed with this car! He bought the ZX4 ST right then and there and drove it home. The handling is smooth, steering is tight and the shifting is close geared and smooth. We cannot say enough good things about this car. The car is a lot of fun to drive! Personally, if I had known what driving a Focus ZX4 ST would be like, I'd have bought one of these instead of the Grand Am GT I bought!

Begs to be Driven!
By DGoggans on 04/16/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 102 miles daily, and I need a car that makes those 2.5 hours bearable. The Focus makes the drive a pleasure. I'm on Interstate 75, and my Focus runs with the big boys without breaking a sweat. Outstanding on all counts. Feels like a much bigger car with a MUCH bigger engine. This is my first Ford. It won't be my last!

Focus on fun
By martine4 on 01/28/06 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus ST experience has been a good one. The car is small, a virtue in my situation, handles very well, is very comfortable, and has all sorts of creature comforts one wouldn't expect at the price. I don't see many ads for this car ... Ford doesn't need to advertise it heavily because word of mouth from satisfied owners do the trick. I have had the car for ~9 months and have ~5900 miles on the car. It has never missed a beat! All features; cruise control, 6-disk CD player, skid control (in Iowa we occasionally need this sort of thing), 4-wheel disk brakes. Everything works. Heating, cooling ... no problems. It's reliable and I enjoy driving it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »