2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Awesome Value
By scandalon68 on 09/10/12 13:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was by far the best care I have ever owned. It was running great with over 210K until it was totaled. Great mileage.

Best car I ever owned
By asmaestas on 05/18/12 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Ford Focus Sedan in 2004 with only 3500 miles. I now have 114000 miles on it. It runs like a champ. I get about 25 mpg around town 40 mpg highway. 29 mixed. Automatic. The only problem I had with it was the sway link bushings had to be replace. My Focus is strip down model, no power windows, no cruise control. I had the cruise installed else where. It's been a fantastic car! I'll drive it till wheels fall off or it gets wrecked. It's very well maintained.

safe and reliable
By mesm on 03/21/12 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got into a head on collision with a drunk driver in a GMC Yukon while driving my '05 Ford Focus and walked away with nothing but whiplash and a few cuts and bruises. The entire front of the car was flattened, but all of the built in safety features worked and saved both mine and my passenger's lives. In another car, we could have easily died. The gas mileage could have been better, but this is a great car if you're looking for something safe, reliable, and sturdy.

Great and Fun little Car!!
By gbowen3553 on 07/10/11 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '05 Focus, used, three years ago. I was looking for dependable, cheap transportation for my Daughter. 90k miles later, I am Not dissapointed! Extreemly Dependable, low maintenance cost, high gas mileage (31 MPG in City), ang plenty of get up and go for a 4 Cyl. Very smooth Automatic, with overdrive, The interior and the Trunk are Huge, especially for a small car. Plenty of Grocery Room. Road noise is very noticeable, but what small car doesn't have that? Overall an outstanding little car and YES, I would purchase another!!

Not worth the repairs
By bioc06 on 03/24/11 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My '05 Focus has been prone to maintenance issues. Despite following the scheduled maintenance guide and having less than 50,000 miles, the transmission has gone. The cause, according to the mechanic, is wear and tear on a band, and nothing could have been done to prevent it. Twice, the alignment has gone out. No cause was given.

Great Ford Product!!
By Kimberly on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car - this is my second 2005 Ford Focus ZX4! The first one I bought was in 2005 Sangria Red I drove it for 2 years and put 35,000 miles on it and absolutely loved it!! I traded it in for a bigger car Mercury Grand Marquis also a Great Ford product - but I missed the little Ford Focus. Five years later driving past a Ford dealership I spotted from the road 2005 white Ford Focus ZX4 - I pulled in and bought another one! This one had the same exact mileage 5 years later as the one I traded in - it was fate - meant to be. Its just a fun little car to drive! Great gas mileage If I drive the speed limit I get 37 mpg on the highway (manual 5 speed). Everyone should own one!!

Ford Focus 2005 Automatic transmission
By Veva on 03/12/10 05:08 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing but problems with the automatic transmission, I have put approx. $3000.00 in transmission, today the car will not go in drive over 10 mph. I can drive the car in 2nd gear not over 30 mph. I am today trying to find a garage to have my car towed to. This car is not paid off and I am constantly putting money into. And making a monthly payment, I have had this Ford for 4 years and it has made me a nervous wreck to drive. The throttle cable catches all the time, the worst part with the transmission is you are traveling at 50 mph and the transmission will go into low gear, or neutral when someone behind you is going 50 mph. Not safe on the interstate

Love my Focus!
By llb2010 on 02/05/10 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 a few months ago, and I must admit, I LOVE it! It runs great, gets awesome gas mileage (almost 35 to the gallon highway, about 28 city), and is very cute! I'm seventeen and wanted to buy a car (yes- I paid for it myself!) that would last throughout college and I think I've found the one! It has plenty of legroom for me (6 feet tall). It gets great pickup and I find it very easy to drive- even in the snow and ice. I haven't had any problems with the car (knock on wood) and would recommend it to anyone. My parents may be Toyota and Honda owners, but I'm a Ford girl for life!

Nice car
By T. Dunst on 08/06/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

98,000 miles so far. Replaced alternator and battery at 60,000 miles. No other problems. 38 mpg. Very fast vehicle, good acceleration. With the manual tranny it is quite sporty and handles well. I will buy another after this one has 200,000 on it. Its been to California (from East Coast) and is my 134 mile a day commuting car.

Not bad at all
By nichole on 08/20/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely not a bad car. Only problem is when the alternator went up. Scared the crap out of me and seemed a little ironic that it happened with less than 20,000 miles on the car, but whatever. Not too impressed at needing new tires at 20,000 either. Partial blame on the dealer for not doing it and then the other half on myself for not knowing to ask. Handling is pretty good and parking is really easy. Not thrilled with the road noise at high speeds but I'll take that over having to turn off my AC to get moving above 30 mph in my old car.