Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good handling, peppy, and cheap!
By Justin

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this focus so I could gift my 2005 Mercury Mariner to my wife to haul the kids around. It is my third focus and I have loved all of them. The worst part would be the cheap interior materials and the layout of the armrest and cup holders leaves a bit to be desired however.....the engine and 5 speed make those issues simply minor annoyances. Its a 2.3 and it feels faster than it is. It grips the road well and goes where you want it to. I know its boundaries like any car so I have a lot of fun driving it and its a cheap reliable car. I bought it with 119k miles over a year ago and I currently have 141k and the only problem I have had to change was the front brakes, rear wheel bearing, and the alternator. All these things are normal especially a car its age so I don't count those as faults. I would love to upgrade to the Focus ST or wait and get the RS but financially I will stick to my little silver bullet.

HOCUS FOCUS WHAT A RELIABLE CAR
By HOCUS FOCUS

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very reliable. I bought my 2005 used from a car rental and I have had it for 10 years now. I have 134,000 miles on it and I don't see myself giving it up for a long time to come! I am short and the seat rises up to where your head basically touches the roof! My parents bought one a few years ago because they liked driving in mine and getting in and out was easy for them. I get 35 miles to the gallon even at 10 yrs. old! They aren't the most quiet cars but they are a good ride and dependable.

Great car
By Matt

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new when I was 19 and it never failed me. Outside of regular maintenance I did not have to do anything else. Nothing broke or stopped working and I traded it instead uear for a 2014 Focus ST.

Great college car
By no noburt

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Im in college. I was gifted this car. It was the bare bones model. It had an engine and tranny with the stock radio. The manual windows and locks were annoying but they worked. I replaced the radio and drove from 88K to 120K until i was rear ended and totaled. It gave me 0 mechanical problems. It ran and had A/C. It was great. It looked like shit(due to previous owner) but it got me everywhere with no problems. It was loud when going 80 on the turnpike but I didnt care. I had a radio to listen to. My passengers dealt with the the rear seats so I cant vouch for them. Comfortable, fun, great steering, great brakes, good mpg, good on tires.

Would buy again

One Year In and Very Satisfied
By fcaruso213

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus in February 2014 with 66,000 miles on it. So far, I haven't had any issues with this vehicle at all. I am a rather large individual and I'm very comfortable in this car. The interior is very spacious and the Focus fits 4 comfortably. So far, I have only had to perform routine maintenance on this car. The gas mileage averages around 32 mpg and is an excellent choice for a daily commute.

Super cold air conditioning Radio with CD changer has excellent sound for a factory radio Tilt and telescoping steering

Front cup holders are in an awkward position