2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Bang for your buck
By dumbblonde8 on 08/21/10 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my family has always bought Fords, and I have been impressed with it 4 years later. It's a dream for maintenance. I've NEVER had to had anything major done to it, just the oil and filters changed. I rallied the crap out of it too and nothing has happened. I hadn't gotten a wheel alignment since I bought the thing and just recently got one (yeah, been kinda broke lol) and it was BARELY out of alignment. Doing home maintenance on it is so easy a caveman can do it. The Hatchback gives plenty of room. All in all a very sporty car. HIGHLY recommend.

Regret Selling It!!
By Diaur on 02/23/10 08:34 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus ZX5 brand new in May 2005. It was such a fun and sporty car. It is excellent drive and has great fuel economy. I sold the car to CarMax in 2007 as I bought another car. It is one of the worst decisions I've made in my life! I regret selling it!

Great American car!
By Very good choice! on 09/17/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 05 Focus in 06. I have put almost 100,000 miles on it with no major problems.I did have to replace the rack and pinion and wheels after hitting a very bad pot hole (Michigan...)Ford did have to replace the CD player twice, but no problems since it was out of warranty. Drives and handles very nicely. Comfortable and roomy interior for a compact. Great mileage. I average 30 in the city. This is an outstanding vehicle for it's class and price. Good design well worth every penny which is more than can be said for most cars.

Love the 5 door hatchback for hauling
By CJ on 09/28/08 23:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just adore the 5 door hatchback. I can move most anything, yet it is a classy car and much bigger on the inside than it seems. Great mileage and reliability with over 50K on engine. With the rear lights being so large yet sleek, I never worry about tailgaters anymore. They either stay back or go around once you hit them a couple times. Only problem is the additional CD holder handle broke on me.

2005 Focus
By sgallagh on 10/30/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Not impressed with the cheap tires I had to replace after 25,000 miles. Brakes have been replaced twice within first two years. Just took it in for it's 30,000 mile maintenance and had to pay $600 for the parts and labor. Seems like I'm always needing to take it in to have somthing checked out whether it's alignment or brakes. For a car that was rated well by Consumer Reports, I am not all that impressed by the Focus. I was hesitant to buy a Ford but took the chance. Not sure I'm happy I did. The "fun" aspects of the car don't make up for it's flaws.

Love my car
By susan on 10/23/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus was my first brand new car. I have not had one single problem with it since I've bought it. My husband has a Honda Civic and my car is by far more comfortable, roomy, handles better and less noisy. I commute almost 2 hours a day and my car has been perfect.It even took me through my entire pregnancy comfortably. The car is quite fuel efficient - I only fill up once a week. The stereo system is very clear as well! Have spent many long hours on roadtrips and it has been comfortable and great on the highway! A great car. The only thing is the dashboard is kind of cheaply done and is getting worn looking. Some difficulty in bad weather.

My Fo is Super!
By 4 dr hatchback on 04/08/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2005 Focus SE hatchback for work and now we drive it more than our minivan! We fight over who gets to drive because this car is one fun machine. Fast pick up getting on and navigating the freeways. Just love it. Very minor issues when we first bought it - slight front end adjustment and tweaking of the idle. That has been it so far for 13,000 miles. We look forward to many happy miles with this car. Our Fo!

Ford Focus rating
By Gwyn on 11/03/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus Is a very quiet and smooth ride, and Is very economical on gas.

luv my Focus
By Braswell on 08/23/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2003 model, and I traded it in on a 2005 Focus. No other car was good enough for me. I tried the Honda Accord, and the Civic, and I just didn't like them. With the roominess of the Focus, and the way it handles, it won hands down with me. My fiancÚ is 6 foot 7 inches tall, and most small cars he does not fit in, but in the Focus he has room to spare. I LOVE MY FOCUS!

Great car for the price!
By David on 07/17/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this vehicle and I love it. The price was great in part to the new family pricing the plan. The interior is larger than it appears. Great car!