Used 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Awesome Value
By scandalon68

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was by far the best care I have ever owned. It was running great with over 210K until it was totaled. Great mileage.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes squeak!

Best car I ever owned
By asmaestas

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Ford Focus Sedan in 2004 with only 3500 miles. I now have 114000 miles on it. It runs like a champ. I get about 25 mpg around town 40 mpg highway. 29 mixed. Automatic. The only problem I had with it was the sway link bushings had to be replace. My Focus is strip down model, no power windows, no cruise control. I had the cruise installed else where. It's been a fantastic car! I'll drive it till wheels fall off or it gets wrecked. It's very well maintained.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Lots of power from bottom end to top end. Handing is outstanding. Cold air conditioning very cold!

Suggested Improvements

Better looking interior. Middle ac vents don't stay in one place.

safe and reliable
By mesm

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got into a head on collision with a drunk driver in a GMC Yukon while driving my '05 Ford Focus and walked away with nothing but whiplash and a few cuts and bruises. The entire front of the car was flattened, but all of the built in safety features worked and saved both mine and my passenger's lives. In another car, we could have easily died. The gas mileage could have been better, but this is a great car if you're looking for something safe, reliable, and sturdy.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Slow pickup, poor gas mileage

Great and Fun little Car!!
By gbowen3553

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '05 Focus, used, three years ago. I was looking for dependable, cheap transportation for my Daughter. 90k miles later, I am Not dissapointed! Extreemly Dependable, low maintenance cost, high gas mileage (31 MPG in City), ang plenty of get up and go for a 4 Cyl. Very smooth Automatic, with overdrive, The interior and the Trunk are Huge, especially for a small car. Plenty of Grocery Room. Road noise is very noticeable, but what small car doesn't have that? Overall an outstanding little car and YES, I would purchase another!!

Favorite Features

Large Interior and Cavernous Trunk. Perky 4 Cyl. Smooth Automatic Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Road Noise could be less. Cd Player doesn't last long, needs improvement.

Not worth the repairs
By bioc06

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My '05 Focus has been prone to maintenance issues. Despite following the scheduled maintenance guide and having less than 50,000 miles, the transmission has gone. The cause, according to the mechanic, is wear and tear on a band, and nothing could have been done to prevent it. Twice, the alignment has gone out. No cause was given.

Favorite Features

The car is comfortable, gas mileage is reasonable. Heats up quickly in the winter, cools quickly in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts.