2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus ZX3. my first brand new car.
By mini-pearl on 07/09/07 22:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

There is nothing bad about this car. Good mileage, economical operation, fun to drive. It has a 5 speed manual transmission. This car gets 27 around town and 30 mpg highway.

'05 Focus after two years
By htw on 06/20/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A six-speed auto tranny would boost mileage. Seat belt for driver hard to snap into holder due to console. Auto up/down on both front side windows would help as would rear disk brakes. But, somehow, it's great fun to drive!

Focus Saleen
By Scott on 05/28/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun.I am getting decent mileage but had hoped for better. The interior is tops and the exterior gets looks everywhere I go. Bigger drink holders would have been nice but may have lost some of the look. This thing hugs the road and acceleration is amazing.

My first car
By kraftikitty on 04/12/06 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At twenty-one, buying your first car is a major decision ... especially when you can only afford a sixty month lease, so you'll be driving that vehicle every day for six years before it is paid off. After much research, I settled on this car, based on its aesthetically pleasing design, the "cute" look, its sensitive handling, and fuel economy. I work one mile from home, so my mileage isn't intense, but using this car for pleasure as well, I only refuel about once every ten days, sometimes less often. This car is wonderful for a first-time buyer, or a family car. Insurance for any new car will be very high, though, so be warned ... especially if you're under 25.

6 months 11,000 mile review
By Mike on 12/28/05 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $13,100 (ZX3 SES with upgraded sound system, side impact air bags, moonroof) July 2nd, 2005. Since then I've put 11,000 miles on the car and couldn't be happier. It has a lot of pep and handles the corners great. I average about 31 mpg at about 80% highway driving. I thought it would be a little higher, but I heard no cars ever truly meet what is posted on the car by the EPA, so no real concern.

Cal Fun
By calisun on 10/16/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Always had a love for hatchbacks for their design and practicality. Owned an '87 VW Scirocco 16V, but VW currently doesn't have the aggressive design I look for. For the price/features ratio, Ford Focus ZX3 is a great buy. $13.5k (+ taxes, registration, etc.) for a top-of-the- line '05 ZX3 says it all.

the most bang for your buck
By Mike on 10/14/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Obviously the Ford Focus isn't a luxury model. You get what you pay for. But I purchased a 2005 ZX2 SES om July of '05 (the day before Ford decided to do employee pricing). I also added the upgraded sound system, side impact air bags, and moonroof ... I paid $13,150. I believe that dollar for dollar you get more for your money that Toyota or Honda. Remember you are paying premium price on those two cars because of reliability. Ford has worked out the kinks and I believe it's not worth paying an extra $6,000 for a Honda just because a Ford MIGHT break down and a Honda MIGHT not.

Ford Focus
By Doris Courtney on 10/09/05 07:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a cute, economical car with all the amenities of a very expensive vehicle. Highly recommend it. Has a 6 CD player, climate control, anti-theft device, back seats fold down for extra room, dual airbags, heated side mirrors, loads of storage space, several cupholders, an outlet to charge a cellphone, floor mats, and keyless door entry. It has a separate button to blow the horn so you can find your car in a parking lot, cruise control, Pirelli tires. The price is reasonable with tax and tags, $15,000.

2005 ZX3 SES
By pwhopkins on 09/29/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only 1500 miles on the ZX3. So far it is great. Fuel economy is not what I was hoping for, but after reading other threads on this, I guess averaging 29 is better than some. Car has plenty of power. Very fun to drive and handles great. A little heavy on the road noise, but better then Honda.

one of the best!
By v foster on 09/23/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best autos I have ever owned for all around economy, fun to drive, fewer problems, looks, ease of handling, and dependability.