Used 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus ZX3. my first brand new car.
By mini-pearl

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

There is nothing bad about this car. Good mileage, economical operation, fun to drive. It has a 5 speed manual transmission. This car gets 27 around town and 30 mpg highway.

Power windows, seat warmers, 6 disc stereo, gas economy.

The overhead storage compartment interferes with rear view. I am tall, maybe it's OK for shorter poeple.

'05 Focus after two years
By htw

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A six-speed auto tranny would boost mileage. Seat belt for driver hard to snap into holder due to console. Auto up/down on both front side windows would help as would rear disk brakes. But, somehow, it's great fun to drive!

Seat belt retractors do not always work.

Focus Saleen
By Scott

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun.I am getting decent mileage but had hoped for better. The interior is tops and the exterior gets looks everywhere I go. Bigger drink holders would have been nice but may have lost some of the look. This thing hugs the road and acceleration is amazing.

Leather interior and superior ground effects.

The air conditioner could be better during acceleration.

My first car
By kraftikitty

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At twenty-one, buying your first car is a major decision ... especially when you can only afford a sixty month lease, so you'll be driving that vehicle every day for six years before it is paid off. After much research, I settled on this car, based on its aesthetically pleasing design, the "cute" look, its sensitive handling, and fuel economy. I work one mile from home, so my mileage isn't intense, but using this car for pleasure as well, I only refuel about once every ten days, sometimes less often. This car is wonderful for a first-time buyer, or a family car. Insurance for any new car will be very high, though, so be warned ... especially if you're under 25.

I love the look and feel of this car. It's smooth, fun to drive, and stands out from the crowd. It doesn't look like very many other cars. Also, the 6 CD changer is very convenient ... and everything you need is always within reach.

I'm not too familiar with other cars, only having driven my car and two Ford Explorers, but I feel like I'm on a carnival ride when taking a 90-degree turn at more than 15 mph. Might be due to the round hatchback design ... I'm not familiar with dynamics of vehicles. Overall, though, I love my car.

6 months 11,000 mile review
By Mike

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $13,100 (ZX3 SES with upgraded sound system, side impact air bags, moonroof) July 2nd, 2005. Since then I've put 11,000 miles on the car and couldn't be happier. It has a lot of pep and handles the corners great. I average about 31 mpg at about 80% highway driving. I thought it would be a little higher, but I heard no cars ever truly meet what is posted on the car by the EPA, so no real concern.

6 CD changer, moonroof, EXCELLENT sound system, hatchback (has really helped with moving).

There isn't a real good place to put your cups when driving, wish the duplicate control were ON the steering wheel, not on a lever to the side.