Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

One Year In and Very Satisfied
By fcaruso213

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus in February 2014 with 66,000 miles on it. So far, I haven't had any issues with this vehicle at all. I am a rather large individual and I'm very comfortable in this car. The interior is very spacious and the Focus fits 4 comfortably. So far, I have only had to perform routine maintenance on this car. The gas mileage averages around 32 mpg and is an excellent choice for a daily commute.

Favorite Features

Super cold air conditioning Radio with CD changer has excellent sound for a factory radio Tilt and telescoping steering

Suggested Improvements

Front cup holders are in an awkward position

Satisfied Ford Owner
By riraho

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in December 2007 at approx. 32k miles and traded it in today at 72k miles. I found this car to be very reliable for the 7 years I had it. I had no major repairs performed over that time, only small wear and tear repairs.

Favorite Features

The car is small and compact, making it easy to move around and park. It got mid-standard gas mileage. It ran smooth and did not rattle at higher speeds. The best feature is the reliability. I always felt it would hold up and could get me from A to Z and never worried about it.

Suggested Improvements

It's no Benz, so it only came with standard furnishings. No GPS, MP3, or other niceties. The CD did stop working--there's a CD stuck in there that I'll never get back.

Richmond BC Focus
By wpgjet

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2005 Focus in September 2005. 113,700 KMs later it is running fine. The CD player, however, is prone to failure. I have had SEVEN replacement CD players installed, under warranty. Also, the power door lock mechanism has had to be replaced twice, also under warranty. Otherwise, the car is reliable and fun to drive. No actual mechanical problems. As with any new car purchase, it is a good idea to buy the Extended Warranty, as the electronic gadgets are expensive to replace.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive good legroom for tall driver simple easy to use dashboard controls reliable

Suggested Improvements

CD player prone to failure

Awesome Value
By scandalon68

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was by far the best care I have ever owned. It was running great with over 210K until it was totaled. Great mileage.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes squeak!

Average car, but will not buy again
By magastratus

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 with 30k miles, and had to replace transmission before it hit 70k; set me back about $1200. Previous reviews about the interior being especially noisy are accurate. Gas mileage is lower than what I expected. A lot of minor things go wrong with this car. The vent selector switch broke, so it is stuck on blowing air on my feet. I have yet to get this fixed, so I am uncertain what it will cost. Armrest was also flimsy and broke within 6 months. It also takes a very long time to warm up during the winter, and will sometimes have issues starting cold. It will always eventually start, but not without some hassle. Not terrible, but buy something better if you have the $$.