2004 Ford Focus 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - One Look and Fell in

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZTS Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

One Look and Fell in Love
By Ryan Mikulovsky on

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle handles wonderfully well. It took to the Pacific Coast Highway with agility I would not have expected for a car at it's price level. It also impressed me when driving through Flaming Gorge on the way to Las Vegas. I did not experience any loss of power while running the AC. In city traffic it is very responsive. The standard transmission could feel a little more solid -- there is a tiny bit of detectable "give." I haven't had any problems with it except that my first oil change had to be postponed due to the new oil filter not having saturated the market yet. A chrome Harley filter could have worked.. but... :-) The filter is amazingly accessible.

Favorite Features

Road stability, steering responsiveness, passing and merging power, passenger space, very quiet. Suave looking exterior, easy oil change with filter mounted "upside down" right next to oil tank. Pretty underside with a reasonable amount of component exposure.

Suggested Improvements

The interior panelling seems to be "cheap" and loose. The front bumper is this shoddy plastic thing that looks and feels like it'd be an instant casualty to the smallest of accidents. Hard to clean bugs off. Rear seats are difficult to work with for increasing trunk capacity.