2004 Ford Focus Consumer Review: I still love this car!

2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Review

I still love this car!
By juliesincharge on

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my yellow [bumble bee, per my husband] SVT in early May 2004 and have been driving it non-stop ever since. The day "I" drove it off the lot, I did not know how to drive a stick, so my husband drove it home for me. I am now a pro! It is a fabulous car. It still feels new to me. I have had the sunroof motor replace (under warranty), the driver's seat belt (twice; under warranty), the clutch petal cover, and the rotors and brake pads at 45,000 miles (for that I blame the Ford mechanics; in retrospect, I do not think they needed replaced). There is not another car I want ... until the new model Mustangs come out! I've read there were only 123 of these made; is that true????

Favorite Features

The car! Seriously, the seats, the heated seats, the back seats are very comfortable, the manual transmission, the sunroof, the stereo, the ease of viewing from all angles (the windows are great), and I love the headlights!

Suggested Improvements

I wish it were a bit peppier on the uptake. I've had grandmas beat me off the starting line and it can be very embarrassing.