I LOVE my '04 ZTS Sedan!
By SaraQuinn on
2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I love the extra 'kick' the 2.3L engine gives over the LX & SE versions, especially when passing the slower drivers in front of me. I'm glad I bought the '04 model before they took away the character of the car with the '05 model, like the homage to the Ford Oval in the dashboard vents, etc. The driver's cockpit has a nice tight feel to it & the location of the all controls is great. The car handles well, even at higher speeds (70-80 MPH). I never feel like the car is going to break away from under me. I haven't had to do any major work on the car & I'm at 34,000 miles in 19 months. The power sun/moonroof adds quite a bit of fun.
Favorite Features
Love the Blaupunkt stereo that shows the artist/song, depending on the station. Great acceleration and decent gas mileage. I can get 300-350 MPT, depending on my driving habits.
Suggested Improvements
The rear defrost needs to work better. Get rid of the 150,000 air filter assembly (I'd rather pay $20 a few times a year then $300-400 at 150,000). Some more storage space would be nice. I only wish they would have had a dark green color available. Don't install the engine in sideways.