Handles great
By Heres How on
2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I've now had the car long enough to fairly evaluate it and there's really nothing to gripe about. I sold an F150, wanting better mileage, and had driven the 2.0 engine and decided to buy this because of the 2.3 that became available. This car feels like a sports car, it handles great, is very quick for it's class. The 2.3 engine has 145 hp and responds right when you want it. The five speed is very precise. I don't like automatics and manuals like this one are the reason why. I'm an older guy who is an enthusiast and recommend this car to anyone who enjoys driving responsive cars and still needs a back seat. I have the sport package with standard brakes but recommend the anti lock upgrade.
Favorite Features
Engine power, precise steering, stereo has nice features. Hatch and folding back seat come in handy. Really impressive suspension, feels like a sports car. It took me some time to get used to the style but it's not a clone, it sticks out in the crowd.
Suggested Improvements
Brakes; I bought off the lot and probably would have upgraded the brakes. Four wheel discs would be nice.