Good car for price
By dacomfort on
2004 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
Overall I am very happy with the car. The pick-up is pretty good, especially for a 4 cylinder. It's very spacious for the price. The gas mileage is what I expected (based upon Consumer Reports rating) at about 24 mpg overall. The one thing that I dislike is when only the rear window (especially right window) is down 2-4 inches and travelling at 45-50 mph there are strong cavitations pounding the ear drums. This can be alleviated by opening other windows though. ZTW offers a lot more car for little price increase over SE wagon.
Favorite Features
I like that the seats can be elevated high; I feel like I'm driving a much larger vehicle. The sport package is nice with the fog lights, lumbar support, and privacy screen for rear. Seats fold down nicely in back with just a little angle for lots of space.
Suggested Improvements
Include the luggage rack crossbars (2 x $96). Cavitations as mentioned above are extreme (reason for low rating of exterior design). More space for storage in front seats. Passenger seat with lumbar support would be nice.