2004 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Fun around town

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Fun around town
By T.C. on

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 'cause I couldn't afford another economy car on the lot. I really do like it. I live in the big city and getting through traffic can be fun. The 2.3 is a definite plus. Quick and nice high end performance. Cornering is great also. My main drawback is the stiff suspension. I've had two back surgeries and the ride is quite bouncy. I'll try new shocks and tires, this car is worth the investment! The interior is very nice for us also. All within easy reach. I will admit though. This car is more fun to drive than comfortable. Would like to have both.

Great interior. Roomy, yet compact. Handling, performance and engine dynamics big plus. Love body style also. Nice to have a Blaupunkt stereo standard. Great sound!

Would like more comfortable ride, suspension. Even if takes from handling some. Also would like a light in the glove box. I've not seen a car without it until now. Kinda noisy on the road also.