Ford ZX-5
By LAK on
2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I have had my Focus ZX-5 (5-speed manual) since April 2002 and have been happy with my decision to purchase this vehicle. I put a lot of miles on the car initially so I have about 20,000 miles on the car, and reliability has been very good, with no trips to the dealer other than for routine maintenance. The car handles well, and has a good amount of power for a 4 cylinder (16 valve vetec). The front seat position is higher than most cars, making for easy entry/exit and providing good visibility. Fit and finish are very good. Mileage is about 26 city, 32 highway. At this price point this car is hard to beat.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, good seating position putting the driver higher than in most cars. Six disc in-dash CD player is a great feature, and sits high on the dash for easy reach. The hatchback is great for being able to put large items into the car.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the car was a few inches wider in the hatch area as it is tough to fit golf clubs in the hatch area widthwise. Also would be nice to have a 120 volt converter outlet for electronics without using the "lighter" socket. A few more mpgs would be great.