Used 2004 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2.3 ZTS w/ Auto
By allemeuse

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With about 2000 miles on this car I have no quibbles. Quick, nimble, fun to drive. Decent mileage. Plenty of acceleration for city or highway. Fit and finish were very good. Not what I expected from an American made car. I first heard of this car when I drove one in Spain on a vacation. It was a diesel and I hadn't a clue (no telltale engine sounds, very peppy) until I went to fill it with gas and saw the diesel sticker. The handling of the American version is quite similar though. Really like it.

Mp3 feature in standard cd/radio. Sunroof, comfortable seating. Engine performance.

Interior release on the gas cap (can't quite figure out why they eliminated this)A filter to eliminate engine caused static on am band of radio. Eliminate motion triggered auto door locking.

Comfortable small call
By jenzsdad

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a month now. So far so good. It is an automatic with the sports package. I would have liked some other options; ABS,& Moonroof. I also would have prefered a 5 speed, but that's what happens when you buy a leftover. You have to take what the dealer has. I did get a good deal though; $12,500 + tax & tags. Not bad! It's comfortable & quiet for a small car. The handling is good for a 4 door of it's size, but not as good as my Nissan 200SX SER (Auto), or as fast. I must say though that the Focus rides like a bigger car. It must be the 103' wheel base.

The 2.3L engine. A 2.0 in the 4dr with an automatic would have been too slow. The adjustable drivers seat, with lumbar support. The stereo, dash & controls.

Most of the improvements I'd like to see have been done to the 2005 ZX4-ST: More power, a 5 speed with a quick shifter, ABS & traction control, better (SVT) suspension, larger & better brakes (4 wheel discs)perfomance exhaust. A 2005 would have cost at least $3000 more.

what a suprise
By spoz

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car for daughter, also have a Honda Accord. Suprised how quiet and peppy this car is. Much more power than a Civic that I was considering, and a lot less price!

Power, smoth shifting 5 speed, value

Get rid of upshift light, Center console armrest could be better

Very Good
By Trev Connelly

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the Focus! It looks great, especially in white. Super price.Good gas milage-38 highway 31 city. It has a great feel to it. Just drive something else after driving it and you really will notice....even a WRX. Massive trunk! Comfy seats...they go up and down..it helps when you are 6ft 3ins.Finally a good european car sold by ford in the US.

Price, Looks, Size, Economy, Trunk size, Seats, Dash, 5-SPEED.

No fold back side mirrors. The plastic on the dash and doors could be better quality.This cuuld be how they kept the price down. MORE POWER. I really notice a lack of power with the a/c on.

Good Pep For The Money
By joshandjess143

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical about this car at first, but came to love it shortly after driving it. I love the 2.3 engine it's got more pep than i ever expected. I would recomend this car to any one on a buget and wants a fun car to drive!

I love the feel of the seats, they just cradle your back, lovely!

CD Player Standard on all models!