Used 2004 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

One great SVT
By red04svt

2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned my SVT Focus for about 5 to 6 months now and I love it. I get many compliments around the city when I ride. I've taken it to the autocross about 3 times and always finish better than 5th place. This car is a great accomplishment for the SVT team.

6 spd. manual transmissiom, great suspension and brakes. Engine is the strongest 4cyl. ford has ever built and 2nd strongest made (second to the lancer evo.)

Cold air intake, SCT chip, new cams, nitrous oxide.

My SVT Focus
By **0*SILVERMAGIC*4**

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Iíve had the car for 5 months, the exterior is great. Put a vinyl top dress it up and turn heads. Performance is awesome, wheels are great, steering and turning corners are fun, passing people on the highway is cool. The interior design is awesome looking. Seats are comfy and stereo sound system is great. 6 disk CD changer and green glow gauges. 6 speed manual transmission is great.

The best features the car has are the rims, projector headlights and fog, exhaust sound, performance, reliable,suspension, interior, and stereo sound system and moonroof!

Suggested improvements would be speed. It's great and all but youd expect more horsepower in a sports car from SVT.

Great little car
By James

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the complete package. Sporty, well-appointed, practical, and comfortable. The engine has two personalities: docile and tame in normal driving, with excellent power when revving past 5500rpm. Great for the track, but it is a little hard to extract fun and performance on the street. Also surges when cruising. Aside from this, it's a great-looking little car with decent back seat room, and phenomenal cargo room for a compact. The handling is amazing considering its refined ride. Everything works, no rattles, and is thankfully very low-key as a performance vehicle. Mileage isn't impressive. List of features is excellent for a small car, and yetrelatively inexpensive. Highly recommended!

Looks, exhaust note (stock), great balance of ride and handling, great non-HID headlights, fuel filler on passenger side.

More torque, eliminate the cruising surge, V6 would make more sense than a 4-banger. Would love to see carburetors, but that'll never happen.

My Ford Focus
By Debra Anne

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Focus I was looking for a reliable affordable car to get my kids to school, me to work and to the supermarket. But I have to say it is really a pleasure to drive. It responds quickly and tightly to any kind of situation. Smooth shifting, great mileage, and a fun ride overall. A fun fun road trip car. And after three years of a NYC commute and transporting teenagers it is still in excellent condition - not a tick or a sputter. I did my brakes and will do my shocks but this is totally chalked up to NYC roads and driving conditions.

My moonroof and my 6-cd changer.

Headrest placement is uncomfortable for short chick with ponytail. There's no good setting.

Decent Car for the Money
By dgk

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Originally, I had wanted an SE, since I didn't really need all of the extra junk that the ZTS has. However, since it was the end of the model year I ended up getting a good deal on the ZTS. The 2.3L engine is quite peppy for a 4 cyl, and the car handles like a sports car that costs thousands more. The interior is quite comfy and can easily hold four people without much effort. The trunk is surprisingly large, probably due to the height of the back of the car. The styling of the car is okay I guess, but I am not much into that sort of thing. My only complaints are that the fuel mileage is very disappointing for a supposed economy car, and it seems like the exterior scratches easily.

Powerful engine for a 4 cyl, sporty handling, spacious trunk for a small sedan