2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
best car i had
By edwart26 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

a lot of fun to drive, really really fast, is a great ride

Bolan
By Bolan on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

SVTF has great handling nice engine and tranny its very well equiped and its fun to drive but it requires premium fuel and for sure this car is NOT a gas saver but its fast and thats important

In the mountains
By JCFISH on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been very pleased with my SVT.It does really well in the mountains as it seems to always have a gear to climb any pass rapidly!.I was concerned about the gas milage but am getting 25 mixed and 30 on the highway and I use 87 octane which seems to work fine at our high altitude.This is a world class car and not just for the money.

SHO Alternative
By ncb on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Always liked the Tauras SHO's...This is a smaller version. Since my kids are now driving I could justify this car. Lot's of fun to drive.

Best of 2 Worlds
By TiredOfGMCommercials on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Was going down the Honda Accord path but wanted to be different, save $$$ and answer the need for 'More Power Captain'. Family and friends that have high mileage cars have had better luck with Fords vs. GM cars for Major Buck type repairs (IE A/C, transmission, engine mgmt), so I bought the Ford. Great car with more room than expected. If you appreciate Upgraded Engineering on everything that matters in a car built for performance, buy an SVT, otherwise by a car with a turbo and a spoiler bolted on. Rock On Ford!!!

zx-3
By sherita on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i love my zx-3

Drive like Schumacher for under 20K
By DigitalGT on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SVT Focus is hands down the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel of a street car. I've been the owner of a 300ZX TT and a Supra TT and for a time I drove a Renault Clio V6 Sport on a daily basis. While all of them are faster, none of them have been more fun. While the car does has some weak areas, it certainly makes up for them with its suspension, gearing, and overall connection with the road.

Better than dodge by a mile.
By bigtex on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A fun car to drive great performance 1/4 mile numbers for it have been so different but my personal experiance with my car and im a avid drag racer legally of course know that the three door which no one seems to test for god knows why is way better than a five door counterpart in performance issues anyway i havent even seen a five on the streets only three so write about it instead as far as the neon goes if i slapped a turbo on my focus which by the way has a smaller motor and is naturally aspirated and still keeps up with the dodge the focus would smoke the neon srt-4.

Ford ZX-5
By LAK on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Focus ZX-5 (5-speed manual) since April 2002 and have been happy with my decision to purchase this vehicle. I put a lot of miles on the car initially so I have about 20,000 miles on the car, and reliability has been very good, with no trips to the dealer other than for routine maintenance. The car handles well, and has a good amount of power for a 4 cylinder (16 valve vetec). The front seat position is higher than most cars, making for easy entry/exit and providing good visibility. Fit and finish are very good. Mileage is about 26 city, 32 highway. At this price point this car is hard to beat.

Love this car!
By cibao on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car!! There's really nothig bad I can say about it. This car handles and brakes better than anything else I have driven and has a ton of room. I was able to fit 5 people no problem. I recommend this vehicle to anyone. If you're worried about the snow and rain as I was, then get the traction control feature and you're all set. The only thing bad I can say is that it needs a bit more low end torque, but wants you reach the 5000 RPM mark, you're flying!