Used 2004 Ford Focus SVT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Loads of Fun!
By Nail_Biter

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I first told my wife I was buying a Ford Focus, she just about died laughing! When she actually saw it and road in it, she changed her mind very quickly. I traded in a 2000 Nissan Maxima for this little rocket and I have never looked back. For what I paid for this car, it has to be the best money I have ever spent! Glad I got the last production year available. Not that it will be a collector's item any time soon, but I should have no problem selling it down the road. No plans to add any Mods to it. I am a purist at heart.

6 speed, HID lights, instrumentation panel is very cool, especially at night. Sporty rims and great tires! Love taking quick turns in it!

Since Ford has stopped production on the SVT Focus, all I can say is that I wish they would have increase the HP and Torque a bit more for their final production year. I really don't want to modify it at all.

The Real SUV
By Hot Tuna

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a real sport utility vehicle. If you live in a large city like I do (Chicago) you need a car that can fit the smallest spot and can carry all of your things when engaging in your annual move to another apartment. The audiophile sound system is bar none and the exceleration for a sub 20K, 4 cylender car is exceptional. People may smerk when you have a focus (those that don't know what an SVT is) but when laying the smack down on an eclipse GTS, passengers soon realize that this focus is on roids.

Everything except lack of middle consol

Middle Consol, a bit more umph wouldnt hurt, and thats about it

Driver's Seat Design Flaw
By Ken Vinson

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2-door SVT and the only problem I have experienced is with the driver's seat. If you drive with the seat bottom raised up in the back, you have to remember to lower it if you pull the seat back forward to let someone in the back seat. Otherwise, over time it will rub a place in the lower seat cushion. The Ford dealership where I bought my SVT is replacing mine free of charge this time. The service writer at the dealership agreed it is a design flaw. Now all I have to do is tie a string around my finger and remember to lower the seat cushion when I have passengers for the back-seat. :}

Comfortable ride, good handling and great sound system. 6-speed transmission makes it fun to drive.

Fix driver's seat where it doesn't rub in any position.

Love this liitle hatch!
By eap

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SVT Focus is an amazing car, especially for the money. It is the best handling car I have ever driven. The inside isn't luxurious but it's well done and all the controls are in just the right spot. It's the perfect mix of fun, value and practicality.

Transmission, brakes, hatchback

The seats could be more supportive.

Great Car
By Medic

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just love this car! I have had 3 Mustangs and 2 Chevy Trucks and this is the best car I have had to date. The fun to drive factor is very high. I love the handling that this car has. Since this car has a 4 banger, the the power is in the mid to upper ranges of the power curve. I have the European Appearence Package(sunroof, Heated Recaro leather Seats, Audiophile 6 disk indash changer, engine block heater, HIDs, and 16 spoke argent wheels). I need a sporty car that I could commute to work in (90+ miles a day) I have found it. You cant go wrong with this car!

6 speed trany, Euro Package, Handling, brakes, massive aftermarket for upgrading

Everyone wants more power, XM radio option

• SUV